SURVIVAL

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

SURVIVAL

Post by Stanley »

SURVIVAL

If you're reading this you have survived another year. Not only that but you got through Xmas without any major traumas and with a bit of luck the last of the left-overs has been eaten and you can start worrying about your weight again! The 'experts' tell us that the incidence of family breakdown and divorce increases in the next few weeks. I wish you all the best and hope that you can avoid being yet another statistic.
I'm writing this on December 12th, my Editor likes the reassurance that he has a stock pile of articles as that is one less worry on his shoulders. This means that I have to get my crystal ball out and make predictions.... I predict that too much money will be spent buying stuff that isn't really needed at prices that can't be afforded with (all too often) money that people haven't got. An excess of alcohol will be consumed and the incidence of pools of vomit on my morning walks will increase! Human beings are strange creatures..... I also predict that despite the obligatory annual scare about disease in the poultry flock, there will be plenty of birds to be sacrificed in the annual ritual of the Christmas Dinner! No great skill is needed here, these events are a staple diet of Xmas news. However, looking further forward into 2017 is a bit more tricky.
One thing is certain. The interminable debate about the effects of Cameron's Catastrophe, Brexit, will dominate the year to the exclusion of the really important matters like world-wide war, disease and famine. I can't help thinking that it is a smoke screen to hide what is really going on, mass manipulation of the electorate to divert them from these matters and domestic issues like poverty, homelessness, infant mortality hot spots and food banks. You can think of more looming disasters but I'll leave that to your imagination. The most important need as far as we are concerned is to care for our families and those around us. If you get the chance to do one shining deed in a naughty world, take it! I have a feeling we are going to need all the kindness and mutual support we can get. Many of you will be aware that I have my own local problem and I'd like to say thank you to all who have taken an interest and given practical support. I am reminded yet again that the majority of folk out there are wonderful caring human beings.
On Saturday night we will slip gently into a New Year. I wish all of you the best year ever! Try to ignore the inevitable doom and gloom, you can't do anything about these larger events. Instead concentrate on your own knitting and look after what is dearest to you closer to home. I'm old enough to remember that we managed this in WW2 and eventually came out of the tunnel in better shape than we went in. We can do it again!

Family and friends together. That's what it is all about!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SURVIVAL

Post by Stanley »

I still think that Brexit was a distraction from the real problems..... Bumped and image restored.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It didn't get any better did it! Bumped again and yes, I still think we are being manipulated to try to distract us from realisation that the country is sliding into decline......Yes, that also means I am a pessimist. Please tell me if there is anything I should be optimistic about, I'll be glad to hear from you.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Stanley wrote: 06 Jan 2017, 07:49 One thing is certain. The interminable debate about the effects of Cameron's Catastrophe, Brexit, will dominate the year to the exclusion of the really important matters like world-wide war, disease and famine. I can't help thinking that it is a smoke screen to hide what is really going on, mass manipulation of the electorate to divert them from these matters and domestic issues like poverty, homelessness, infant mortality hot spots and food banks.
Stanley, You're beginning to sound like Russel Brand. :biggrin2:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I know Ken and it worries me. However I can't be compared with him in real life, I actually like women! (It's quite obvious that he has no respect for them at all.)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Stanley's View”