New resource

Julie in Norfolk
Regular User

New resource

Post by Julie in Norfolk »

I stumbled across this wonderful resource the other day, it doesn't make for an easy read but it does make for an interesting one. Thank goodness no-one can relieve themselves and drown in my well! Happy browsing if you have time.

Link: http://reshare.ukdataservice.ac.uk/8521 ... quests.csv
Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe.
plaques
Donor

Re: New resource

Post by plaques »

Immediately reminded of the song ' The bricklayers Song. or Why Paddy is not in work today. Song
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

As Julies data link is in .csv format. I have imported it into an Excel spreadsheet which makes for easier reading. File is attached below:

Accident Inquests.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ian
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Thanks Julie and Ian.

It's well worth a read. Wonderful descriptions like He fell into a water-filled vat worth 4d and drowned

I'll have a proper look tomorrow.

Here's another one. 1530-07-06 Long Preston. 58 houses burnt out.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That could be handy Sue, thanks and thanks to Ian for putting it in the spreadsheet format. Saved to my HD.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

One person who shares my family name was reported in a Dublin Newspaper as dying from a fall. But I cannot find out if she was pushed , a domestic trip or something else, she was the wife of the manager of Hengler's Cirque in Dublin, he having moved with her from Scotland to manage the Circus/Entertainment establishment there. I would have thought there would have been some kind of mention in newspapers, but maybe for the papers to keep the advertising revenue it was silenced . Being a mid C19th Irish event the death certificate is scant, and barely survives.
hurdlinda939

Post by hurdlinda939 »

plaques wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 10:59 Immediately reminded of the song ' The bricklayers Song. or Why Paddy is not in work today. Song
I love this song, my father used to sing this one when he's still with us. odor removal service nashville

Return to “Documents and Artefacts”