I feel sorry for David

catgate
Regular User

I feel sorry for David

Post by catgate »

"Prime Minister David Cameron said his heart went out to the woman who was burned, describing it as a "desperate" incident.

Speaking at 10 Downing Street shortly after he chaired another meeting....."

Does this mean his heart was on fire or did he send it to the woman in question. If it is the latter who is going to send it back? ...or does he not want it?
Sunray10
Regular User

Re: I feel sorry for David

Post by Sunray10 »

I think Francis Maude is the person to most blame. He should now resign. Cameron is also partly to blame for also telling people to fill up their petrol tanks, even though a tanker drivers strike had not been called and, now it seems may not be until after Easter. I heard this evening on the news that a woman was caught filling jam jars with petrol - this is asking for trouble - petrol is so dangerous more dangerous even than TNT. Its a bit too late for Mr Cameron and co to feel sorry now.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It was a jug to use to pour petrol in her daughter's tank because she had run out of petrol. She was doing it in the kitchen next to a naked gas flame on the cooker. She should have read the instructions. Accidents like this are inevitable.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Yes, thats true Stanley. But Mr Maude is still largerly responsible for saying what he did, namely filling jerry cans and storing them in garages and outhouses etc. Garages in town seem to be getting back to normal now after the governments scare tactics when there wasn't even a tanker drivers strike.
catgate
Regular User

Post by catgate »

Stanley wrote:It was a jug to use to pour petrol in her daughter's tank because she had run out of petrol. She was doing it in the kitchen next to a naked gas flame on the cooker. She should have read the instructions. Accidents like this are inevitable.
What was she doing with her daughter's car in the kitchen? That is simply asking for trouble.
Travis

Post by Travis »

Storing petrol in a shed ar garage is totally different to decanting petrol in a kitchen in my book. How can an MP be blamed for someones utter stupidity?
catgate
Regular User

Post by catgate »

Travis wrote:Storing petrol in a shed ar garage is totally different to decanting petrol in a kitchen in my book. How can an MP be blamed for someones utter stupidity?
This is what come of idiots advising idiots. Sometimes refered to as the blind leading the blind....or the welfare society.
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Yes I second that catgate - Mr Maude is an idiot. Ooops hope big brothers isn't looking at this comment ?? :wink:
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

With the reduction in the number of petrol retailers ( thanks , Supermarkets- and better rules on storage of petrol etc in better and more secure tanks ) , and many of the remainder only part topping up tanks thanks to high fuel prices, this may have been a way of increasing storage capacity in the 'system' though for most its about 400 miles worth , and doesnt a full tank ( about 20 to 40 kg extra ) increase fuel consumption by around 3% around town , oh , and the proposed increase in motorway speed limits to 80mph will increase fuel consumption by around 8% over 70mph.
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

The fuel problem as a different effect here in Brittany. If they put the price of fuel up they boycot until it comes down again. Today the supermarket was selling diesel at 1.39 euro's a litre down two cents since Thursday. They threatened to put council tax up in this area and everyone refused to pay it so they put up tourist tax instead and got the British to pay. When they tried to make their pensionable age at 62 instead of 60 they blocked roads and caused havoc in this area. I don't say they are right but it seems to work Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Vive la Republique, Vive la Liberte.
Ian
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Sounds like a good idea. When are the road hauliers in Britain going to start blocking roads and fuel depots.

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”