BE Bosom Friends Information and Fund Raising Events

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

BE Bosom Friends Information and Fund Raising Events

Post by PanBiker »

Ian
Angus

Re: BE Bosom Friends Information and Fund Raising Events

Post by Angus »

Local man Martin Carson will be running the Barcelona Marathon and hoping to get sponsorship for Barnoldswick and Earby Bosom Friends
Martin is bearing all the cost of this run from his own means, therefore all money donated to Martin will come straight to our group.
Martin, and Bosom Friends would be grateful for any sponsorship recieved.
Sponsor forms are available at Bosom friends charity shop, and at the sweetshop on the square.

Sponsor form
David Whipp

Post by David Whipp »

I'm doing the Santa Fun Run Walk on 8th December in aid of Bosom Friends.

There are still some places left...

Application forms from the Bosom Friends shop at the back of the square and other outlets.
David Whipp

Post by David Whipp »

On the same day as Santa's Fun Run Walk, Sunday 8th December, there's a charity gig in aid of Bosom Friends at the Rainhall Centre featuring Gary Barlow tribute act + support.

The event starts at 4pm; tickets are £5.

Also that day, it's the first of three Sunday Markets in Barnoldswick in the run up to Christmas.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

30 days to go before our effort to do the Way of the Roses coast to coast bike ride which covers a route from Morecambe to Bridlington.

Way of the Roses

It's a team effort which will take place over the August bank holiday weekend. The route is 170 miles, starting on the Saturday. Our first leg will take us from Morecambe to Malham. We had to stop here as the YHA was the only available accommodation available for the number in our group. Each leg should be roughly 60 miles each day but the stop at Malham is shorter at 42 miles in. This will have a knock on to the second day which will be 80 miles with our second stop at Pocklington, Travel Lodge for the night here. Monday will see the final leg through to Bridlington.

We will have a couple of support vehicles who will follow us along the route, they will be carrying luggage, supplies, and sustenance. Everyone involved are paying their own expenses for meals and accommodation so all monies raised in sponsorship will go to Bosom Friends.

We have a group Virgin Money Giving Fundraising page where you can sponsor our intrepid band if you wish to support our efforts. If you do donate and are a UK tax payer, please tick the box for Gift Aid which will ensure the charity gets and extra 25% from the government.

BE Bosom Friends Virgin Money Giving - Way of the Roses

For non locals who are not aware of what BE Bosom Friends represents you will find our mission statement within this forum and further information on the link below and via the donations page.

BE Bosom Friends
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Hope it goes well Ian.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

This time next week will be day two of our Way of the Roses coast to coast effort, we are hoping to be the other side of Greenhow Hill which is our major barrier between Grassington and Pateley Bridge and well on our way to Pocklington which is our end of day two stop.

Thank you to those that have already donated to our effort, anyone still wishing to do so can by using the links in my previous post.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Our Coast to Coast bike ride raised £2512.50 for the group. Thank you to everyone who supported us.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Saturday Night saw the Bosom Friends Spring Ball, held at the James Hargreaves suite at Burnley Football Club. After a lot of hard work from a group of young ladies who wanted to stage a fund raising event for the group. They banded together to produce this major event. The venue was packed and the event included a 3 course meal, disc jockey, a lounge singer with swing renditions and a live band to move the proceedings along. There was a free raffle ticket on every table followed by the main raffle drawn later in the night, there was a lot of very good prizes including a unicycle and free flights with Jet2 to any European destination which ensured the fantastic total of over £2500 raised on the raffle. The event itself raised over £7,500 for the group, well done girls. :grin:

There was free photo booth available during the night with comic dressing up gear. I will not subject you to our antics in that regard but offer the Bosom Friends website which has a lot of photos of the night.

Barnoldswick & Earby Bosom Friends

Scrubbed up!

Barlick was quiet when the coach dropped us off at 2.00am after a fantastic night.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

2017 Santa Fun Run totals are in. The event had to be rearranged from it's original date due to inclement weather, (pavements shot ice at the time) and was rearranged to be run on Christmas Eve. Good time was had by all as reported earlier in another thread. Total raised exceeds £4225.00 :good:

Notice posted here: Barnoldswick & Earby Bosom Friends
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Yesterday was "A Walk for Audrey", I have done a report in it's own thread.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

We normally have the Santa Fun Run around this time but last year the pavements in town were so treacherous with ice we had to cancel but held the event on Christmas Eve. It was very popular at this time so this years event is a similar date:

You can walk, jog or run (or a combination of all) :smile: :santa2:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I enjoyed doing the Skipton one today Ian with a group of over 60s, perhaps we could arrange a OGFB team to walk the Barlick one. Any one else up for it?
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Unfortunately it would take me while Christmas Day to do it at the moment Wendy. 3500 steps at Sislden Christmas thing today and I'm pretty well shattered. As a trustee I will no doubt be doing something probably Hi Vis related or round the finish. Well done for today.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I thought you would be playing a less strenuous role this year Ian! There must be some other members who could manage a 5k walk....
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I see my question about the availability of free Santa suits has been answered....
Unfortunately Wendy even 5K would be a risk.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Well done to everyone involved in organising today's Santa Fun Run, the weather was much better than forecast and everything went well.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Glad you enjoyed it Wendy. No High Vis for me either this time, just team photographer for family and friends that took part. Sally, Carla, Finlay, Julia and Carly.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Glad you all had a successful event. All the best to Bosom Friends for 2019!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

A new event for Bosom friends this morning, first of a planned regular coffee and cake morning being held at the centre. This is being run by our new four younger trustees for the group. Ash, Caroline, Carly and Kirsty. They have had friends baking for them so hopefully it should go down well. Been advertising it around social media so hopefully a few will turn up.

B.E. Bosom Friends Facebook Page
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I wish it well.
Incidentally, I haven't forgotten that I am indebted to Bosom Friends and have been thinking about it of late.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 03:24 I wish it well.
Incidentally, I haven't forgotten that I am indebted to Bosom Friends and have been thinking about it of late.....
No you're not, it's what we do. :smile:

The event went very well and our downstairs room was rammed when we rocked up, an hour into the proceedings around 11am. Lots of cakes and buns on offer along with a brew. Intention is to make it a monthly event. I think they raised about £140 for the morning. :smile:

Our upstairs refurbishment moves on apace, electrician has been in and finished the wiring and the new toilet can now get is floor covering down and the toilet and washbasin installed. LED downlights for the toilet and kitchen are all sorted. Final appliance fitting next. We need to paint the walls, which we will do as a weekend team effort in the not to distant future and the suspended ceiling tiles will be replaced along with swapping out the current fluorescent lighting panels for more LED units. We are thinking about AV display facilities for the room so that it could be used for corporate or training presentations and the like. Our upstairs "quiet room" is finished and ready for anyone who needs one to one or more personal support outside of our normal monthly cancer support meetings. Coming together nicely.

More exciting plans are afoot as well for further well being and respite care. Our younger trustees have volunteered to make enquiries for what is available to take the project forward.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good. I am glad hard work paid off. As for the other matter, we'll see.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

"A Walk for Audrey" day today. Carly and Kirsty's annual event held in memory of their mum. A 10 mile romp around the area taking in the Punch Bowl, Craven Heifer and Anchor Inn on the way back. About 80 odd set off this morning from Victory Park, I saw them off and then had a walk down to the Anchor to meet the family on the way back, rude not to have a pint while I was there. :biggrin2:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “BE Bosom Friends”