Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

Wrote two more articles yesterday. Stockpiled up to 9th August so I can have a day off today. Susan and Mick are taking me to Ilkley where I shall act as though I own 2,000 acres in Yorkshire.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Now Grandma Sue... :undecided: ...check the order. Wasn't there supposed to be a drop from/under the waist...then FOUR layers?
:laugh5: oh...take no notice of me...I mean no harm.
( I have slight OCD tendencies and tend to take things quite specifically. I realise the rest of the universe does not share the way I see things. To me the "layers" were rounded too, suggesting puffing. I would have turned myself upside down trying to achieve it. Thank heavens, you see things in a more achievable way :dance: )
You have done well...
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its funny you should say that Maz, I had considered the discrepancy but there were no such patterns available and as said child has no waist I hoped she would forget. As for four layers there is already 4 metres in it . On a plus side there are two layers of net and another fabric layer in the last tier and of course the sequins. :laugh5: Hopefully a hat will follow before the delivery date of next Wednesday. Just waiting for a book to arrive that has a pattern in it .

As for the rounded puffed original layers, that is exactly what the pattern was that I bought and it was totally unachievable, impossible to gather and impossible to put a zip in through all those layers. The fabric had to be easy care for my daughter so polycotton was the rule or polyester. Trying to pull a gathering thread through a 1.5 metre length of double polycotton was totally impossible even when I tried in 4 sections. I tried, honest I did :biggrin2:
If you keep searching you will find it
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I would still be hanging that chunk of wood up in my sewing room. It would bring me joy every time I looked at it.
I look forward to your Briony's verdict.
:biggrin2: I wish you well with the hat! ( not many kids would have thought of the hat)
Oh...this is such fun...I love OGFB
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Stanley wrote: 15 May 2019, 02:21 Wrote two more articles yesterday. Stockpiled up to 9th August so I can have a day off today. Susan and Mick are taking me to Ilkley where I shall act as though I own 2,000 acres in Yorkshire.....
I once lived in Ilkley. I got the impression that everyone was genuinely well-heeled there and they were probably the nicest people I've ever met. I loved it there.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're right China it is a wealthy town, like a mini Harrogate.
Sue, Susan bought a young friend of hers a dress and it was like yours but only two layers to the skirt and in Pink. It was for Ella who is five years old....
Today I shall be recovering from a good day yesterday!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Marilyn wrote: 15 May 2019, 09:50 I would still be hanging that chunk of wood up in my sewing room. It would bring me joy every time I looked at it.
I look forward to your Briony's verdict.
:biggrin2: I wish you well with the hat! ( not many kids would have thought of the hat)
Oh...this is such fun...I love OGFB
I have a hat but not happy with it. I have sent her a picture, modelled beautifully by grandpa, and an alternative to chose from.

It looks like a fisherman's hat but will look different on a smaller head. The second is more glam. She can try the first for fit. I bought a book of hats for kids but the patterns have to be made 200% bigger. Such a performance, we did it on the computer but the printer kept centralising the image and the size altered.
Last edited by Sue on 18 May 2019, 06:35, edited 4 times in total.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Oh the lighting is wrong and you can’t see the hat. Try again
9CE5B31D-9ECD-4467-B79A-23F04FFFE29B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I hope she likes it .....suits Bob though! (His work bench looks kind of familiar, though Colin's is a layer or two deeper in er ....um...
Important things.🤔)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Wendyf wrote: 16 May 2019, 14:32 I hope she likes it .....suits Bob though! (His work bench looks kind of familiar, though Colin's is a layer or two deeper in er ....um...
Important things.🤔)
Thatis the study! He is building a 3D printer but when he started it was too cold in the workshop outside so we decided he could use the study desk, covered!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Ahhh, too cold in the barn, too cold upstairs in his workroom, I have now lost control of the dining table. :sigh:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Wendyf wrote: 16 May 2019, 16:54 Ahhh, too cold in the barn, too cold upstairs in his workroom, I have now lost control of the dining table. :sigh:
That is my domain, thats where I do my cutting out. Its had Bs dress on it all week
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Briony has seen the photos of dress and hat.
Briony says ‘woah. Love it. It's so beautiful. Love it love it love it!!!! ‘
And the hat she says is amazing.

All happy then 😆
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Another update. B is going to wear them to her aunties wedding on June 16 th but fancies lilac shoes and bag! I suggested white would work :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

This child is definitely fashion conscious! Get her a pair of clogs and a shawl......
Another article popped into my head yesterday so I wrote it.... I can feel the shed pulling but today is shopping.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Dog sitting this weekend for Claire, Adam and Erin as they are going to a family weekend birthday gathering. Glamping I believe , much to Claire and Adams horror. They like a bit more luxury :laugh5: Claire was never keen on camping in any form, although they have recently had a good holiday in a mobile home. Bobby is only a small dog so a couple of short walks a day will see him asleep!

Art this morning, then lunch with friends then dog walking!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Funnily enough, small active dogs can need more exercise than large ones.... Biggest couch potatoes of the lot are Greyhounds!
I might even pop my head in the shed today, nothing serious, just getting myself back into the groove!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We did a mile last night and he seemed to think it was enough. He seemed to sleep ok, and is now happily dozing at our feet whilst we have a cup of tea. We shall breakfast and then take him out along the old railway track that is now a footpath in Healey Dell. It seems very popular with dog walkers,
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Depends what they are used to as a routine Sue. Jack has his sleep periods like clockwork because that is our routine. The problems come when the dog hasn't got that framework. The one you are looking after seems to have a good routine and that's a credit to the usual companion animals!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not sure yet, I fancy the shed but doing nothing always seems a more attractive course. This will no doubt change in its own good time, I am not going into a decline about it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Enjoyed a fabulous bike ride all around the bay on the coastal path this morning. Thoroughly enjoyed the wind in my face, and the sea so close...exhilarating. A storm chased us home. It hit as soon as our bikes were back in the shed, so that was perfect timing.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 18 May 2019, 07:16 Depends what they are used to as a routine Sue. Jack has his sleep periods like clockwork because that is our routine. The problems come when the dog hasn't got that framework. The one you are looking after seems to have a good routine and that's a credit to the usual companion animals!
Yes he has a good routine. We seem to have unsettled him a little as we were told he tends to sleep from 7.00 pm but he hasn’t done that. Last night he did but at 2.00 this morning he just wanted to play. I let him out and he dutily performed then i went and settled myself with a blanket on the settee and ignored him. Having attacked his toys, chomped his ‘bone’ and ran around the room he eventually curled up at my feet and went to sleep. I was concerned that his barking to attract our attention would keep the neighbours awake, so had to do something. Yesterday we took him for two 2 mile walks we thought it would tire him! I know Claire doesn’t do that because she takes Erin with her on the teatime walk. He has his long walk before Claire goes to work at about 6.15 am so we did expect him to be up and about early.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Dressing the house for the estate agent's photographer, it's on the market. I had an offer accepted on a house in Foulridge yesterday so had best get mine sold :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Awww...Big Kev...will it pull at the heartstrings to move?
I have never lived anywhere more than seven years in my entire life...so I am used to change...but some folks don't uproot as easily as I do. My shortest move was 8 weeks between arrival and departure (life circumstances change).

Sue...my son's dog sleeps downstairs with us when she visits. She used to wake me up ( for a wee) when she was younger by laying at our bedroom door and puffing under it. Rather cute...I always heard the puffing and got up to her. Now she is an old lady, she sleeps all night and I get up in the morning and wake her up. It takes a bit of time before her arthritic legs will get her out to the garden. But they DO test the boundaries when left in your care. Abby always has...insisting on play times that I know my son wouldn't have time for. ( she presents every toy she has for "tug". It used to take us an hour after dinner to satisfy her!)
She never barks though never....I've only heard her bark once inc11 years.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Good luck Kev. I'm going to attack Weets today. :smile:
Ian

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”