WHAT DID WE HAVE FOR TEA?

Marilyn
VIP Member

Re: WHAT DID WE HAVE FOR TEA?

Post by Marilyn »

Mother's Day here today. Son called in unexpectedly ( I thought he was working today but he swapped a shift yesterday). So I'm just about to put some Ham and Cheese Croissants in the oven...
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had meat pie and veggies for tea and a steak pudding and veggies with two fried eggs on top for tea.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cooked mire veggies and had meat pie and veggies for dinner, steak pie and peas with veggies for tea. I put a blade of mutton in the slow cooker in Cider and that's ready for cutting up and augmenting today......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Hubby wanted Sausages. I didn't fancy Sausages, so I just ate a plate of Veg. ( Potato, carrot, sprouts, Peas, Cauliflower, Spinach). He loved his four sausages with it all.
Just can't stomach anything fatty at the moment...even though I grilled his sausages.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The mutton is superb! Had it X two for dinner and tea and extended with more veggies..... It will see me through the week. (As the woman said when she asked for the eyes to be left in the sheep's head she was buying....)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Dead simple yesterday, the mutton stew X two for dinner and tea. Today I shall be lunching in Ilkley. My treat for the kids for taking me out.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Homemade Chicken and Veg Soup for the second night running. Hubby loves it -I tolerate it. ( good for post dinner blood sugars of 6.5)
I look forward to something different tomorrow night. After two nights of Soup, I need to chew.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Had a good lunch yesterday, Susan and I shared a seafood platter for starters and I had steak and ale pie. Ate far too much and at teatime just had some nuts and an apple!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Just two small bowls of the Mutton Stew for dinner and tea. Still being affected by Wednesday's Lunch!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

We went to McCulloughs on Rainhall Rd for tea, I had a gammon steak with fried egg, mushrooms, peas and Savoy cabbage washed down with a pint of bitter. 'Er indoors had a minted lamb rag pudding. It was all very good.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Our Jack came for tea so I did roast pork loin, roast potatoes and sugar snap peas, gravy of course.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Steak pudding for dinner with the last of the Mutton stew. Meat pie and peas for tea....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Unfortunately i have a packet of fresh pasta (Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli) to use up. I think I bought it for visitors, but anyway, it got missed and now needs using by the 20th. Pasta is not my friend, and puts my blood sugar up, so I shall mainly eat the lovely tomato based Veg Sauce I made for it this afternoon. I prefer to make my own sauce, as most supermarket varieties contain garlic (ickkk!), whereas I have Chilli and Sage in mine.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Gosh it was nice, Stanley. Almost weakened working my way around that pasta with just the occasional bit. But...needs MUST.
I shall test my blood sugar in 2 hours time. Apparently the greatest danger to spinal nerves is high blood sugar. I must be strong!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Chef spiralised some swede to have with Bolognese sauce the other night. I was a bit apprehensive but it tasted good! Loads of garlic and herbs in our tomato sauces. 😉 He is planning a baking session this afternoon so pizza tonight.
Watch out for tomatoes raising your blood sugar too Maz. Tinned ones aren't too bad.
Someone will now comment that a little bit of what you fancy does you good .......unfortunately it doesn't. :laugh5:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Oh dear...I used fresh tomatoes left over from last week. I soaked them in a bowl of boiled water to loosen the skins ( after cutting an X over the top), then de-skinned them easily. I suppose it makes sense, now you mention it ( eternal thanks :biggrin2: ) that fresh tomatoes would have a higher sugar content from being fairly recently on the vine. Hadn't thought of that.
I have registered for a free Diabetes Seminar within walking distance from my home next week ( might take me 30 mins to get up the hill with my present gait). I'm not going to swallow everything they say, but will look for gems, such as you have just told me. ( hubby flatly refuses to come to the free info session)
Had to buy new test strips for the blood sugar machine today ( very cheap on the Diabetes scheme...about 80p for two containers). But I had to buy finger prickers too. For some reason they are not covered...and cost about £9 a box. Un-bloody-believable!!!!). Hubby suggested I use a rusty sewing needle....
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

As you have mentioned before, individuals react in different ways. The tomato thing is just Col's experience. He reacts strongly to my home grown tomatoes which I find incredibly annoying!!
This is a good guide:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/vegetables
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Our new neighbour gave us a rather expensive bottle of Red Wine about 3 months ago. Hubby asked me if I would like to sample it on Thursday night...yes...small glass please. We drank half the bottle ( me sipping and him drinking - I don't like "strong" wine no matter how expensive it is, and I especially don't like "oaky" tasting Red Wines. Too strong for me.)
We both had weird dreams that night.
Next night, I left hubby to finish the bottle on his own. I have to say I didn't like it...(I don't care how much it cost).
Last night, hubby had the weirdest dreams ( told me all about them in detail). It must have been that wine! - because I had dreams the first night but not on the second night, when I avoided the wine.
( we now look at our neighbour differently...and wonder how his dreams are...because he is "well heeled" and can afford expensive wine every night.)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Phew...BSL 2 hours after Pasta ( mostly Veg sauce and avoided the Pasta)...was 6.9.
:laugh5: I'm happy! It was a very tempting meal, that tested my willpower.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Amine compounds formed in wine, e.g. histamine, can cause headaches and sleep problems, and even affect blood pressure. They are formed by a natural bacterial fermentation which happens faster in less acid wines. White wine is more acidic than red so it contains less of the amines. The process has positive effects on the flavour of the wine. I hadn't realised until reading an article just now that winemakers have started adding bacterial cultures to their wines to make sure that the right type of bacterial fermentation takes place as well as the yeast fermentation; they're a bit like the bacteria used to make yoghurt. We don't know what they are getting up to behind closed doors! :smile:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Marilyn wrote: 18 May 2019, 09:12 We both had weird dreams that night.
[/quote

I don't think Freud asked his patients what they had to drink last night. Perhaps he should have? :smile: Freud on dreams
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

"Fathead" pizza base, my half with just mushroom, Chef's had salami.
20190518_182122.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

That looks good Wendy. We had a pizza omelette for lunch today.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It was good! Very filling, but I'm looking forward to eating my other third for lunch tomorrow. :smile:

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”