Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

Should have been a smooth Channel crossing and a nice drive down.....
Making sure I get some sleep in before Silverstone which is live today at 13:00.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Silverstone is just off our route we are hoping to be away before traffic builds up when they leave. By the end of brunch they should all be in Silverstone. We met a coach trip going to the race at one service area yesterday. Apparently the price was coach, overnight stay and entrance at a very reasonable price. Apparently it is about £50 just to park the car.

Not my scene but enjoy Stanley.
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Sue wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 21:30 Great day with the family. Brunch in the morning then on down to the ferry.
Brunch is this morning, ferry tonight.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not mine either but there are no charges for the use of my sofa.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Pothole update.... Early days but evidence suggests that the Phantom Crapper has shifted operations to another pothole further up the back street that has loose material in the bottom of it. As I say, early days but it's looking very positive.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 02:20 Mostly avoiding any type of sport if possible. I find the endless commentary and analysis boring.
Stanley wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 02:10 Making sure I get some sleep in before Silverstone which is live today at 13:00.
One man's meat.... :smile:
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Going to Jack's, getting his living room fit for the plasterer. Fitting some angle bead round his brick built fireplace which is being plastered up along with the new ring main sockets. Glen can do his stuff then, should be done by the time we get back from our holiday with the grandchildren.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 09:09
Stanley wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 02:20 Mostly avoiding any type of sport if possible. I find the endless commentary and analysis boring.
Stanley wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 02:10 Making sure I get some sleep in before Silverstone which is live today at 13:00.
One man's meat.... :smile:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure :laugh5:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Jack's is sorted so I will probably be watching two Titans battle it out with racquet and ball. Both masters at work and not helping to pollute the planet tearing round a track in gas guzzlers.

Used to be the bane of my life when I was servicing TV's. They were not allowed to break down during Wimbledon fortnight for lots of women at home during the day. I learned to appreciate the game after I left the trade. :extrawink: :cool4:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Easy jibe Ian. Remember F1 did more to progress hybrid technology than anything else.
Great race at Silverstone and I watched the cricket as well. Closest finish to a match ever.
Think how all those players at Wimbledon and Lords travelled to UK....... (Football and netball as well!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Feeling the cold again today! Partly distracted from it by Ancestry, thankfully. Will put the heater on later, after we have had our walk. We always warm up when walking.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It will soon pass Maz, then you'll be laughing at us again!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Jack is sorted for the plasterer so that's me finished there for a while. Bosom Friends Centre this morning for a catch up with Gus over our feature wall and a meet up with our joiner Phil who is tidying the window frames up for us so we can fit new blinds. We need some architrave around the open doorway onto the corridor from the main room before we can progress our wall design. It will be easier and much quicker to get Phil to do it as it will be 10 minutes of a job for him with all the right tackle.

On to Skipton this afternoon to pick up my new specs.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 08:58 On to Skipton this afternoon to pick up my new specs.
I'm in with James Bontoft on Wednesday for my eyeball MOT.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 07:22 evidence suggests that the Phantom Crapper has shifted operations
Must be common - I've found that one has taken a liking to my freshly laid 20mm gravel. Action will follow. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I would like to solve the mystery of why cats like to fight and/or fornicate under our bedroom window at night!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Pheremones dearie! Sink pop bottles up to their necks in ground and put a drop of ammonia in.
Kev. James is very good.....
David, good luck with it!
Last treatment of this round at 09:00 this morning. Deep Joy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

All ok here, not much plant growth due to very little rain since our last visit. Opened the door of the house when we arrived to find 100s of dead ants in the corners of downstairs rooms. It looks like a swarm of flying ants had got in through a crack by the door. Otherwise no issues.

We did a bit of general tidying which will continue today. My tomatoes look rather spindly so I gave them a good water last night and will continue to do so. We only have a couple of days here before we head off to Beaune for a long weekend. When we come back we shall be preparing for Claire, Adam and Erin who are coming for a week after visiting Euro Disney. Being 5 Erin will love that visit.

A sprinkling of rain is forecast here on Thursday and Saturday, otherwise the temperatures are heading for the 30 s by next week
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

We finalised our segmented design on the main wall at Bosom Friends Centre yesterday. pencilled up the divider positions then numbered them before removal for painting. Gus made a start with Goose Down one of the four colours we will be using. I popped on the bus to get my new glasses, (managed to get the same bus back) so was sorted within just over an hour. The X42 only takes 20 minutes to Skipton.

Today I will continue furthering the design with a bit of painting, filling in our obtuse and rhomboid creations. Might start on the Melon Sorbet. I know it gives connotations of a summer dessert but it is also a pastel shade of green in the Dulux range. Who makes the names up? Goose Down, Willow Tree and Kiwi Crush will complete the room.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Drinking water, peeing, resting and having short walks. Enjoying the fact that I don't have to go to Airedale again until September 16th for an internal inspection. Helen tells me it is all going well and that she will miss me..... Nice!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I am at the centre every day this week painting our new upstairs room. It was the Labour Party meeting at the centre last night so I erected a screen and put in a mains extension for the speaker we had last night who had a complimentary Powerpoint display. Won't need to prat about once we have upstairs finished as we are installing full electronic display facilities. 55" TV for its monitor capabilities, WiFi, a drop down screen and ceiling mounted projector. We have identified a shortage of venues that can offer the facilities for corporate or training meetings.

It's cancer support meeting tonight downstairs at the centre and our monthly trustees meeting on Thursday. Gus and I are hoping to have our feature wall finished to show the younger new trustees what the old guys can do. :biggrin2: :extrawink:
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Garden tidy enough for visitors, the paddling pool is filled and covered and tomorrow we disappear east for a few days to the region near Dijon. Weather great, rain due tomorrow, hope it happens.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Taking it easy! After effects of treatment receding but I am tired! "It's being so cheerful that keeps me going" [Anyone remember who's catch phrase that was?]
Now would be a good time to start writing for BET again..... No day is wasted when a thousand words have been written!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Staying at a B&B on our way to Beaune. Spent the evening with a two lovely couples, one English and the other Parisien. I do love the Paris accent, so easy to listen to and understand. The English couple did not speak French so we had to translate for them. I realised just how far I have come with my french. The English couple thought we were fluent french speakers. I wish!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It says a lot about you Sue and is admirable.
I shall be continuing to take it easy, I have an idea for a small job in the shed but am holding myself in check! The most I shall do apart from my usual exercise is a bit of light cooking....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”