Today I shall be Mainly...

Cathy
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Cathy »

Many Happy Returns Wendy 🎂 🌈 🍷
Letcliffe sounds like the perfect place to celebrate. Enjoy 😀
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Cathy wrote: 03 Aug 2020, 09:19 Letcliffe sounds like the perfect place to celebrate.
Letcliffe is only the parking spot Cathy. Wendy is more adventurous and her birthday bash is at the top of Weets. :extrawink: :smile:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I hope the bench is free!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Happy Birthday Wendy.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Ditto! Have a great day.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not enough room for a misericord David, but a nice idea and a good chance to use an archaic word! I shall be in there today doing useful things.
I expected Wendy to say she was taking the strimmer to Letcliffe to clear a picnic spot....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

3.03am Stanley... I don’t know why you bother going to bed.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Always in bed at 22:00 Cathy and by the time I have had my second sleep I have a total of about eight hours. Different I know but it suits me and means I can talk to Margaret in Perth during her morning. When you have got up early all your life your internal clock gets set in its ways and better not to muck about with it. Besides, the experts tell us that humans were built for two sleep periods, one when it was dark and one in daylight after a meal. I don't recommend it for others but it seems to suit me fine. :biggrin2:
(Just after I wrote that M was on the line from Perth complaining about being cold in a high of 10C.)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Stanley wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 03:43 (Just after I wrote that M was on the line from Perth complaining about being cold in a high of 10C.)
We call that freezing!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So did she China!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Thank you for all your birthday wishes, I had a lovely day. It was cool and windy on top of Weets so we didn't hang about there for long! The planned Zoom meeting with my brother didn't happen as they were on their way to Honiton hospital to get my sister in law's elbow checked out, she had fallen off her bike. They later reported that the hospital didn't have x-ray facilities and as Exeter A&E had a 6 hour backlog they had given up and returned home.
Now I'm 70 my ears have filled with wax like you other oldies. :laugh5:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Well Wendy, speak for yourself my ears aren’t filled with wax, pardon, what was that, can’t hear, where’s my ear trumpet :laugh5:

Weather wise it was an OK day yesterday. There was a chill breeze but at least the sun shone and I think my tomato plants perked up a bit in the greenhouse. After pilates I decided I would make some masks despite having about 100 disposable ones, partly courtesy of French government who subsidised the price whilst we were there. We will need those masks for travelling and in France when we go , where our local town requires masks indoors and outdoors , being a tourist town. We are also concerned about the amount of waste being produced which was my main incentive . This is obviously not going to be a short term requirement. It took me some time to find suitable fabric for the outer layer , and between us we forfeited some old t shirts for the inner layer. I had some suitable fabric for the middle filter layer as I had bought that some weeks ago. When I ran out I used an alternative. I found a video on you tube some time ago, for a more fitted mask than the oblong one and I have to say it fits snuggly.

Mask making took up a lot of the day, but we did manage a long walk in the afternoon . The wind was very chilly at times up on the tops but otherwise it was pleasant walking. Needless to say the hostas did not get moved.

I had several expected deliveries also, yesterday, fabric, a pattern for my tracksuit top( I finished the bottoms on Sunday ) and the buttons for my jeans, so I have plenty to occupy myself today, depending on the weather. This evening is the double session of pilates and yoga

Have a good day everyone
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wax is OK Wendy, it's the hairs that are a bugger with me!

A nice two hours in the shed. I have the length exactly right, now I have to sort out the head. Here we are set up ready for more cutting tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Looking forwards to a busy morning. Some playing out in the shed, a quick trip to the Cathedral of Choice for essential weekly shopping at opening time when it is quiet, then walk Jack and breakfast and a good foot soak with Epsom Salts to be ready for Susan giving me a pedicure at 09:30. Then bed for second sleep. After that the day looks after itself.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning
Its a dull grey day. We were going out for lunch with friends but had to change arrangements. We planned on tomorrow at the outside tables, but there are variable forecasts for tomorrow none of which include fine weather much before 2.00 pm. We spoke to the pub and they are going to sit us on separate tables but near enough to chat. We got the impression they had already dealt with a similar problem.

This morning I am at the hairdressers, its only a few weeks since I was there, but its a pre France cut. We hope to be on tge ferry on Monday with a planned three week trip, but with extra medication and clothes in case we get stranded there again. All our enquiries show that there is no expectation of a lockdown anywhere near where our house is. Most cases are on the coast. We half expect 14 days quarantine on our return.

This afternoon I am expecting a phone call from the dentist to review my latest symptom, a swollen gum behind the offending tooth. I did burn my moth on so e hot food last Thursday and do not know if it could be that, but better safe that sorry before we depart.

I have no other plans, gardening depends on the weather.I don’t think I will sew. Yesterday I made a top out of some spare stretch fabric I had, using my new pattern . It worked out fine...in the end.... but the style is completely inappropriate for my tracksuit top. Back to the drawing board.

Oh I did finish my jeans
AF246C22-0B8A-4DA8-8BC7-4C167134419A.jpeg
806D7E8F-CF27-420C-ADFB-4315282838CE.jpeg
0D943926-5741-416B-A470-7E7FF854201A.jpeg
Have a good day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That sounds like an impacted tooth to me Sue. I do hope you get it sorted out. The Jeans (and the tush) look fine to me Sue.... :biggrin2:

My busy morning is going well, I am on track after an hour in the shed (Susan's column is finished for the time being.) I've done my shopping and walked Jack I am now going to have breakfast and then I can start the Epsom Salt foot bath to soften things up for my pedicure. It's all go!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Looks pretty good to me too, Sue. Those pants will be very useful.
(Never doubt yourself...your sewing is good)
And you have a wonderful figure too!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Thanks Maz, I am rather pleased with them, thanks for the compliment too. All that exercise paying off.

Not an impacted tooth Stanley, its not at the back of my mouth, nothing for to impact on, more likely an abscess starting or possibly the result of eating something too hot, but what ever it needs an expert opinion before we depart for France.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You've educated me Sue. My experience with an impacted molar which had a large abscess behind it led me to believe that the two were the same. I agree with you, most likely an abscess and as such it definitely wants sorting and I hope you manage to achieve that. Good luck with it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Today we have given son Craig our old Skoda estate as a late 40th birthday gift. It's an 11 year old diesel 1.4 with only 70000 miles on the clock. It has been serviced and MOTd today and Col has been cleaning and slapping protective paint underneath. It should do him for a year or two!
Now, what do we do with the 15 year old 1.1 petrol Skoda we have received in return? 90,000 miles. Great cars!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

They are, I recently (November 2019) bought an 8 year old Skoda Yeti 1.6tdi, Apart from a leak from a vacuum hose it's been a very reliable car in the short time I've had it.

I had a 15 year old Audi 1.9tdi prior to that, 130000 miles, still pulled like a train. Before that a 1.9tdi Golf, that had 235000 miles on the clock when I traded it in. Hopefully, now Skoda are part if the VW Audi Group the reliability is passed on.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

The only problem we have had over the years is with front suspension, which isn't surprising considering our track and the state of Skipton Old Road over the years. Col bought another 16 reg diesel estate a couple of years ago, zero vehicle tax and he reckons he gets around 60mpg from it on local runs. Puts my 4wd Ssangyong to shame!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

60mpg was the norm for my Yeti until March. The daily commute has gone from Chorley and back to the odd trip to Barlick, lucky to get mid 50s now.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

On cars... Mick has his Rav4 back New engine and drive train, now it needs a new compressor for the AC. Toyota have spent about £25,000 on it and lost a customer for the next one. It would have been better to just give him a new one.

Kahara's beam engine left home yesterday, Susan is going to deliver it.
Enjoying my feet after yesterday's pedicure!!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Made with love, I am sure over the years the beam engine will be treasured.

A successful trip to the hairdressers yesterday, with my old favourite style returned, I just didn’t quite get on with the longer sides at the front, far too much work trying to keep the natural wave under control. I was rather a long time as my hairdresser , Steve, was restored to his normal chatty self. I knew he wouldn’t be able to keep conversation to a minimum for very long. He recently did the salon up ready for reopening and the joiner who had done the work came into adjust one of the doors . They were busy chatting when he said he remembered me from the old shop , some 40 years ago. ‘Its Sue isn’t it’ . Now I have to say I don’t remember him but he is Steve’s wife’s brother. I taught Steve’s wife, Julie, when she was 16, and her first job was at Steve’s shop. Apparently the brother worked there too. I will find out more next visit in September. Its a small world even in Rochdale.

Throughout the day the dentist tried to phone me on my mobile, unbeknown to me as I hardly use my mobile for non family calls, I didn’t even know they had the number. In frustration 90 minutes after my appointment time I phoned the dentist to find she was out and would phone back. I had to remind them to use the land line. It was another hour after that when we made contact. Anyway the symptoms on the gum suggest it was a burn from the hot food and not the tooth getting worse, and to do lots of salt rinses to aid recovery. She was happy to see me but no appointments are available before we go to France. I have to say I really like my new dentist, very easy to talk to and very reassuring. It was nice to be called Sue on the phone and not Susanne or Mrs Hayter, which sound so official.

I spent the afternoon sorting my art work and filing it in the folders I bought from the Range, last week . It looks like I shall need some more. I threw a lot of work away, and some was put on one side to cut up to make birthday cards etc. I will continue with that job, when the weather is poor again or I have an odd half hour.

Today is pilates at 10.00am, then lunch at tge Shepherds Rest pub in Todmorden with Wendy and Keith sat at separate but adjacent tables. Later I have yoga at 6.30 pm. No plans for the time in between, I suspect there will be a long sit down in the conservatory, resting after lunch.

Have a good day everyone.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”