MEDICAL MATTERS

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by Stanley »

Wonderful service Peter. I am so glad for you.
I talked to Susan about stress etc. yesterday. (She knows about these things!) She agreed and said that she wouldn't doubt my conclusion. Being settled and content is perhaps the best medicine!
Have you been listening to Book of the Week on R4? 'End of Life' by a palliative care doctor. Fascinating stuff and I recommend it. Also a wonderful piece on Today yesterday about a 95 year old lady whose family removed her from her care home and brought her home to die. She is as bright as a button! Wonderful piece of reportage.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Powerful stuff, liquorice...
`Man dies from eating more than a bag of liquorice a day' LINK
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Can’t get your LINK.just goes to Login. I Log in and it just goes to REPLY.
I have noticed since the site was restored I have to Login for every single comment. If I tick “ remember me”, makes no difference at all.
Was just going to put up with it, but after not being able to connect to a LINK, maybe it is time I did mention it.
Anyone else having the same problems?
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

When I click the link it goes to <send a reply> box. I think the link must be wrong.

I am OK with the login and it remembers me. Perhaps you need to put a tick in a box again or something.

Thinking about your reply, you must not be logged in if it asks you to login before going to the same box I get.

Try again to login and check the remember me box. I'll log out and see if I can login again!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

The link is simply wrong so not an issue as such. Try clearing your cache and also try a different browser if you can. No one else has flagged this as an error so it is almost certainly something to do with your platform Maz.
Ian
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Just confirming that I'm OK after logging out and logging in again and rechecking the remember me box. Do as Ian suggests.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I did tick the remember me box, but will try again when I log on tomorrow... thanks.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Major problems. Can’t post after resetting iPad. Just keeps going back to Login.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Ooooh...maybe I am back...
Looks like it. I won’t try the link again yet...will let you know tomorrow ( had to log in yet again and ticked the box yet again)
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I’m having the same problem as Marilyn. When I try to post a reply it immediately asks me to Log In ‘again.’ I’m on an Apple iPhone.
And sometimes when I go from topic to topic.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

I'd recommend watching a few Louis Rossman videos on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... s+rossmann . He'll soon talk you out of buying Apple products :biggrin2:
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Pluggy wrote: 25 Sep 2020, 10:23 I'd recommend watching a few Louis Rossman videos on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... s+rossmann . He'll soon talk you out of buying Apple products :biggrin2:
The price alone stops me buying Apple products. I loved my Mac computer but when it was time to change it I couldn't justify the high price for what is only an average product.

How are you doing, Stephen?
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Re my Apple iPhone... I didn’t buy it.
It was a present from my daughter, and I love it. 💕😀

Should mention that she works for Telstra Aust. and it was a very good deal. I only pay $10 a fortnight for as much Internet as I want.
Last edited by Cathy on 25 Sep 2020, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Common denominator here is I think you are both using Apple products. Which browser do you use?

Has it had any recent updates?
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Susan uses Apple. I remember the horrendous price she was charged for a new power cable when her cat chewed it....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Pluggy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Pluggy »

As China as prompted me. Still degenerating but just hanging on to being able to walk. Exercise gives me pain especially at night so its stacked against me. Just this morning I got an appointment through to see my neurologist on the 13th October at Airedale which is encouraging - maybe I'll get a name for this condition if not some form of treatment.. I had the sign writing (Vinyl Lettering) removed from my car (I haven't driven since July last year) for my business and took my website down. Being prudent in my younger days means we're unlikely to starve.,,, Rarely leave the house and spend much time on youtube. I'm managing to keep a reasonably positive outlook. :biggrin2:
Pluggy's Home Monitor : http://pluggy.duckdns.org
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Thanks for the update Stephen. I wish you well. :good:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Tripps wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 13:03 Thanks for the update Stephen. I wish you well. :good:
Same sentiments, Stephen. I hope they start to sort you out next month and you get some relief. Stay positive, quite a few of us on here have been put through the mill. It comes as a shock to realise we're not as fit as we thought. Good luck and best wishes.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Good news on your appointments Stephen. I hope they can give you some answers and that there may be some treatment options.

In my medical forest, I am hoping that my scan doesn't get cancelled with Leeds just going into stricter Coronavirus rules. Same as us so more relevant for social gatherings, pubs, restaurants and stuff. Cards should not have been shuffled for the hospital arrangements with a bit of luck.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Here's hoping for some positive outcomes.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Hoping for good outcomes for you Stephen .
Keep on posting.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have little to add to what has been said above Stephen. I hope the apportionments kick in and you get some certainties.
Thank you for being so open, I am sure it is the best way to approach it. There is nothing worse than letting something stew in your head, God knows I know this only too well from my own experience in other matters.
Glad you have all your ducks in a row, doesn't surprise me at all. What I did as soon as I got the tap on the shoulder was do the spade work, make sure I had a Directive on terminal care in place and set up the financial and medical LPAs. I'll bet you have done the same. If you have you have joined the other 4% of the population who have done the same. I got that figure from a lady who is a palliative care doctor and has written a book which was read on BBC last week as book of the week. I wasn't surprised to hear the figure was so low, it's such a long and complicated process but gives me immense satisfaction to know I have done it all.
Best of luck with the process, give my love to Mrs Stephen, I'm sure she will be your primary support. I hope to hear you report that all that was needed was a reboot to get you going again!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Wishing you all the best with your appointment, Pluggy. You deserve much better than your present situation. Keep us posted and we'll look forward to a good result.
Tizer & Mrs Tiz
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I forgot to add Stephen, if I can do anything for you just shout. Even if it's only running repairs or mods to your walking aids.
Also, I don't regard you as a spent force! I shall be coming to you sometime in the future for advice about FM4!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

I have slightly elevated BP. I was prescribed a diuretic and an ACE inhibitor before I came to China. At some stage last year I stopped taking the diuretic. When I was in hospital last year they said my BP was slightly high and not controlled. I increased the ACEI whilst they were still monitoring my BP. When I came back home I also restarted taking the diuretic and my BP stabilised well inside the normal range, usually around 110/70. Skip several months and I started having severe leg cramps at night, and hand cramps during the day whenever I did any manual work using my hands like repeatedly using a screwdriver. I had a brainwave and at the weekend I stopped taking the diuretic (Indapamide) and the cramps have completely gone and my BP is still under control. Self treatment: a cheap and dangerous option but now I sleep well!
It's funny how I didn't make the connection between the cramps and the diuretic.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”