WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: WHAT ATTRACTED YOUR ATTENTION TODAY?

Post by PanBiker »

Marilyn wrote: 22 Dec 2020, 07:24 Gosh it has been hard to respond to OG for days now. One logs in, responds to a topic, only to be told that their log in is not appropriate. There is something wrong. I don’t know if you have been invaded again.
Nothing wrong with the login as far as I can see Maz. Have you tried ticking the "remember me" box? That will keep you logged in even if your browser is closed.

I have checked the error logs and there is nothing there, user log is OK and I noticed that on the 16th Dec at least, you managed to complete the site daily backup, thanks for that. :smile:
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Logins and everything else with OG is fine here. We're seeing a bit more general slowing down now and then due to the heavy load on the web with so many people at home and ordering stuff online or streaming films etc.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Have tried the remember me box. It doesn’t remember me!
I guess it is just a quirk of my IPad, but I log in, write in the reply box, submit and it takes me back to log in. Then my potential posts disappears.
Gremlins at my end!

What attracted my attention today? Bedlam at the supermarket when we went to pick up fruit and salad items. They were counting people in and out, as our supermarket is allowed 220 customers at one time under the Covid rules. It was shoulder to shoulder and terribly frightening. I’m not going out of the house again until after New Year...I did not enjoy today.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That's why I go as soon as they open the doors Maz.
Got an email from Gordon Prentice this morning. He's well and Heather says they can visit the US as soon as Biden is installed as President and flights are allowed again. Nice to hear from him, he says he's thinking about building a shed in the garden, they are so obviously good for you!
The fact I don't need to go out and it's going to rain all day. That's handy!
(Not even to Colne for a jab.)
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Marilyn wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 02:30 Have tried the remember me box. It doesn’t remember me!
I guess it is just a quirk of my IPad, but I log in, write in the reply box, submit and it takes me back to log in. Then my potential posts disappears. Gremlins at my end!
Blame it on the Chinese Maz! :smile: By the way, I see China is going to build a giant harbour for their fishing fleet just across the Torres Strait (50 miles?) from Oz on the coast of PNG. I hear that Australia believes it will more likely be for warships than trawlers. Fishermen don't need such a deep harbour and it's not a good area for fishing anyway. Also it's an important wildlife area and if trawling the sea bed went ahead it will cause massive destruction to the ecology.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A news story about this was in our latest email newsletter from Money Saving expert.com and it's worth having a look at how it works...
`Amazon Warehouse – get returned items or mildly damaged products for knock-down prices'
`Ever wonder where your purchased goods go when you return them? It may be news to you that Amazon has its own little Aladdin's cave, full of preowned, used or open box products, all for a discounted price. MoneySavers rave about it, but can one customer's return really be someone else's treasure? Amazon Warehouse. Those who know it, don't want to share it. It's almost like a secret club, where if you stumble upon it, you're hooked. But what is Amazon Warehouse and why do many of us not use it enough? Well I want to pull out my fanfare trumpet and make a public announcement, and show you why I think it's a great way to not just save money, but to save second-hand stock.'..
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Tizer wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 10:03 I hear that Australia believes it will more likely be for warships than trawlers. Fishermen don't need such a deep harbour and it's not a good area for fishing anyway
All China's action in recent years show that their ambition is world domination. Chinatyke says that's OK - the weather is better, and and the beer's cheap. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

The queue today outside Nathan Brown's butchers on Newtown, back up onto King Street! Popular butcher is Nathan, only open for pick up of pre-orders as well. Couldn't help but think of the picture on the site taken from the top of Newtown probably before WWI. Not much different with the amount of folk about apart from the parked cars. :smile:
Ian
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Tripps wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 10:58
Tizer wrote: 23 Dec 2020, 10:03 I hear that Australia believes it will more likely be for warships than trawlers. Fishermen don't need such a deep harbour and it's not a good area for fishing anyway
All China's action in recent years show that their ambition is world domination. Chinatyke says that's OK - the weather is better, and and the beer's cheap. :smile:
What else is there? :biggrin2:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Popular butcher is Nathan,"
And the only one in the town centre?
What a gloomy day it was. I went for my afternoon walk but it was cold wet and dark!
Might get a piece of fresh fish for tea .........
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The Fish Man wasn't here today so I missed on that fresh fish.
What a lovely day it was, best weather the shops could have had for any last minute shoppers.
Stuart Brown delivering my meat and telling me that two customers hadn't picked there orders up and when Lucy rang them they refused to speak to her. Nowt so queer as some folk! (That's why I finished up with ten pigs in blankets!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 25 Dec 2020, 05:13 The Fish Man wasn't here today so I missed on that fresh fish.
The usual guy, Lee Furnival? There were two vans there (Coop car park) yesterday lunchtime...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Whatever next? :smile:
`Deepfake queen to deliver Channel 4 Christmas message' LINK
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Fish man, I was a bit too late then Kev at 14:30.
I watched the alternative queen's speech and it was quite funny actually and very well done.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Seen on our long walk today...
Saw these chaps too...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

David, I forgot. I noted that the Met Office declared snow officially yesterday. Does that make it a bad day for the bookies?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Maz, is the kangaroo sign there for the virus problem or is it always there? :extrawink:

Mrs Tiz popped out for a newspaper and reports that there's no other person or car out on the streets this morning!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Mrs Tiz popped out for a newspaper and reports that there's no other person or car out on the streets this morning!

Things are quiet.. Too quiet. The dog didn't bark. :biggrin2:
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 04:35 David, I forgot. I noted that the Met Office declared snow officially yesterday. Does that make it a bad day for the bookies?
Not sure. It always used to be dependent on the state of the Met Office roof in London, in which case they'd be safe. Mainly used for PR reasons now I'd say, I don't think we even have a Met office now!

I read that they haven't paid out on the US election yet. :extrawink:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Tizer wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 10:19 Maz, is the kangaroo sign there for the virus problem or is it always there? :extrawink:
It was a Covid notice, Tizer...
But it is such a big park, we only saw other people in the distance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Four Yellow warnings for today's weather, normally a dearth but occasionally a plethora, never seen four for one day before.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I forgot to mention that yesterday I saw my first Tesla car, A dual motor model, £50k I think. 2020 registration. Somebody had a Boxing Day visit from a wealthy friend.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

You've probably seen ones before. They're not that noticeable, much like other models and with only a tiny badge. I hadn't noticed them at first. The price doesn't seem so surprising when you consider that an electric Fiat 500 will set you back 20 to 25K even after the 3K government subsidy. The basic electric VW Golf is about 30K when bought with the subsidy.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

20201227_110918.jpg
A nice day for a wedding, the groom to be with his mum. Potential for snow later, we'll see how that goes.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Had exactly the same with my son last Sunday. All went well. All Zoomed. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Stanley wrote: 27 Dec 2020, 08:30 I forgot to mention that yesterday I saw my first Tesla car, A dual motor model, £50k I think. 2020 registration. Somebody had a Boxing Day visit from a wealthy friend.....
10 year life , £5k or £100 a week assuming low interest rates and battery life

Return to “What, Where, When, We, Who, Look & How”