TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Mags

Re: TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Post by Mags »

The weather in Perth is chilly, Cloudy 17 degrees and windy with heavy showers. Roll on some warmer weather :biggrin2:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We're just starting to feel the cold here Margaret. I've just come back from my walk and a sit. It's quite pleasant in the sun but you need a good coat on!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday the cloud cover increased as the afternoon progressed. At 20:00 it was calm, dry and cool with a light overcast. First thing this morning it was still calm and cool with light broken cloud. Since then the cloud has thinned to a light overcast and the moon is clearly visible overhead. The glass is up on almost 1014mb. The forecast is for a dry sunny day but don't start clapping hands early as the light to moderate NW wind will hold temperatures back to 13C and 5C tonight with a -3C wind chill at times. I fear the cold weather and the heating season is upon us! The outlook is for very similar weather for the next week. Deep Joy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon descended into cloud again and at 20:00 we had a clearing sky as it went dark. This morning first thing it was calm, cool and clear with a good moon. It hasn't changed since. The glass is up on 1019mb. The forecast is for a sunny day becoming overcast in the afternoon. The light to moderate wind is a constant westerly, mainly NW and gives is a high of 14C and a low of 9C tonight with up to a -2C wind chill this afternoon. Wrap up warm again! The outlook is for similar weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

A touch of frost up here this morning!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 06:54 A touch of frost up here this morning!
There was a bit on the cars at 6:30 down here. The sun is quite pleasant through the window now, not put the heating on yet either but I reckon it will be soon :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No heat yet but I have been roasting a chicken this morning so the kitchen is warm.
I have had a walk and a sit on a bench that was in the sun but sheltered from the NW wind and it was very pleasant.
I've washed up, put the cooked chicken in the fridge and that's it for today!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday followed the script, getting overcast in the evening followed by a clear night with a good moon. This morning it is calm, clear and cool. the glass is down slightly on 1017mb. The forecast is for a dry overcast day. The wind is a constant NW and is light to moderate giving a high of 15C and a low of 8C with a -2C wind chill. The outlook is unchanged, similar weather to this for the next six days at least.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

0FCC574B-6C1D-4930-8B89-350144777444.png
I think Spring has forgotten about us , apart from the occasional tease.
Lovely to see leaves coming back on the deciduous trees. Roses are budding and different birds are visiting.

😊💐
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Similar temperatures to here Cathy
20220918_085729.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday the clouds rolled in and at 16:00 we had a few spots of rain. At 20:00 it was going dark earlier under heavy cloud. First thing this morning it was calm, cool and overcast, still the same. The glass is up slightly on 1020mb. We are promised sunny intervals at first this morning but then reverting to overcast for the rest of the day. The moderate wind starts in the east but by mid morning has settled into being NW giving us a high of 15C and a low of 11C with a -2C wind chill. The outlook is for very similar weather, if anything it gets cooler.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Light rain at 07:00. That wasn't on the hymn sheet!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Apart from a light shower in the morning yesterday was a dry pleasant day. At 20:00 we had heavy overcast and it was going dark. First thing this morning it was calm dry and we had a light overcast, it's still the same. The glass is up a shade on 1021mb. The forecast is for a dry day, overcast until late evening when we may get a bit of sun. The constant WSW wind is light giving a high of 15C and a low of 9C tonight with a slight wind chill of -1C. The outlook for the next week is for very similar overcast weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was cloudy but it stayed dry apart from a couple of early light showers that didn't amount to anything. At 20:00 it was calm, overcast and dark. First thing this morning it was calm, cool and clear, cool enough to trigger the CH. The only change is that we now have a very light overcast. The glass is up slightly on 1022mb and falling. The forecast is for sunny intervals until midday and more cloud this afternoon. The Southerly wind is light and gives a high of 16C and a low of 12C with negligible wind chill. The outlook is for similar weather. The generally high pressure is giving us very quiet stable weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

weather in London best described as slightly bright slightly murky autumnal. not exactly nice for working outside.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was bright overcast and calm, very acceptable weather. At 20:00 we had a light breeze and it was dark. First thing this morning we have a light breeze, it's cool, dry and clear. The glass is down on 1015mb and falling. The forecast confirms that we have a change in the weather, we shall have a dry bright overcast morning but heavy rain is coming in form the Atlantic and will be with us this afternoon. The SW wind is brisk and gives us a high of 14C, a low of 8C and a chill of -2C. Tomorrow and the next day will be slightly warmer but then the overcast weather can be expected to get colder.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday the rain came in at Midday and continued until about 16:00. By 20:00 it had stopped, the wind had dropped and the sky was clearing. First thing this morning it was calm, clear and cool and it hasn't changed since. The glass is down a touch on 1013mb. The forecast is for a sunny day. The constant NW wind is light and gives a high of 16C and a low of 7C tonight with perhaps a -1C chill. The outlook is for one more sunny day tomorrow and then colder cloudier weather coming in. We are nearing October!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've just been for a walk and a sit in the hot sun with salad butty from Babs at Barlic Bites.... I know, verboten, but even the experts allow a bit of leeway.... The sun is very hot.... last high temperature we'll see for a while I think.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

London keeps its grey and rainy with touches of sun. Looks to be the same for some time, I presume the climbs of Barnoldswick as long as the northern airflows keep away should retain things reasonably well for late gardening free of frost.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was a good day but by 20:00 the overcast had come in once more but I see it cleared during the night. This morning first thing we had a calm clear morning and no CH kicking in! No change since. The glass is up slightly on 1014mb and the forecast is for a dry day with lots of sunny spells. The wind is a light NW until 09:00 and then becomes a moderate NE for the rest of the day giving a high of 14C and a low of 5C with a -2C chill this afternoon. The outlook is for cloudy cooler weather. Not a bad start to autumn.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday stuck to the hymn sheet and at 20:00 it was dry and calm with an overcast sky. First thing this morning it was calm. dry and clear. I've just checked and we now have a light overcast. The glass is up slightly on 1018mb and steady. The forecast is for a bright overcast day, dry until 20:00 when we can expect light showers. The wind is mainly a light to moderate WSW giving us a high of 13C, a low of 9C tonight and a wind chill of up to -3C. The outlook is for similar overcast weather but generally cooler.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

6BF6017E-CF82-4C47-9535-08A32452290C.png
We’ve had some lovely early Spring days, today has been 1/2 Sun 1/2 rain. It feels quite cool now at 4 o’clock.
Everywhere gardens are looking fuller and more colourful. 🌼
Will still have to keep my brolly with me tho.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're warmer than us now Cathy.....
Yesterday we had light brain at 20:00 as it went dark and first thing this morning we had wet flags but it was drying up. More wind than of late, overcast and cool. The heating has come on. The glass has plummeted to 995mb and is still falling. The forecast is Light showers becoming sunny intervals by late morning and an overcast afternoon with more rain this evening. The NW wind is brisk, gusting to 30mph giving us a high of 12C and a low of 6C with a -3C chill. The outlook is for similar weather for at least the next week.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon deteriorated to very light rain by 20:00 as night fell. This morning it was calm, dry, cool and we had overcast. The glass is up slightly on 997 but falling. The forecast is for early light showers but then a dry overcast day until late afternoon when we could see sunny spells and light showers again. The constant, brisk WNW wind gives us a high of 11C and a low of 5C with a wind chill of -3C. The outlook is for similar weather, I think we are into Autumn!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

|'ve had my walk and a sit at the end of Albert Road. I was well wrapped up, sheltered from the NW wind and in the sun. It was very pleasant and I happily sat there for well over half an hour watching the world go by. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”