Bikes You Have Owned and Loved

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Bikes You Have Owned and Loved

Post by PanBiker »

Just realised that I have jumped the time line slightly with our engagement in November. That bit is right but I missed out swapping my bike for the next one. Having failed to find anything suitable on our trip down to London I did find the next one more local. In fact at Appleyards in Keighley. It had just been traded in and had been through the workshop for a full service and just gone on display in the showroom. A double up on size and cylinders and nearly twice as much grunt.

Another Honda as I could not fault the one I had before but this one was the CB500 Four. 500cc in line engine block 8 valves, 4 linked carburettors, front disk brake and the exhaust had been modified from the original 4 to 2 fishtail exhausts to 4 into 1 pipes with a nice swept reverse cone exhaust. The bike was black but was fitted with a full front fairing and screen and had an additional Cibie spotlight mounted on the fairing above the front headlight. It had a rear rack and fitted white top box. It looked a lot better bet for our weekend rally adventures. RWT 104K same year but a few months earlier than my 250 Honda it had 12K on the clock or thereabouts.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Came across this on the DDMCC Facebook page. Photo put up by Steve Kinsley and a glimpse of my future bike just nestling behind Brian Manchesters 500 Four in the foreground. It's got the rear topbox but not the fairing yet. Photo was taken at the Tomato Dip on Keighley Road in Skipton.

Taken with abit of a dodgy camera by the looks of it, 110 plastic compact I reckon. :extrawink:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Thanks for the tidy Stanley. :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:good:
I used that road a lot in those days and it just struck me this morning how narrow it was then at Sandbeds.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

We used to have the DDMCC Pennine Rally in the field opposite, no industrial estate there then! It was very handy for breakfast at the Dip. :extrawink:

When they started building there we moved to the Herders by the reservoir, it was long walk to the pub though!
Ian

Return to “Motorcycling”