Global Moderator

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by Stanley »

I've got the message now.... A bit slow on the uptake at times. :biggrin2:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

An exciting day out at Burnley outpatients, actually a temporary location for Blackburn Cardiology. Everything went like clockwork. weight, blood pressure, ECG, then a short wait to see the doctor. Discussion centred round an Echo Scan done nine moths ago. The outcome was that what the Echo scan was showing up something that I had been living with all my life. No point in taking the risk in trying to make things better just carry on within your comfort zone. Came away relaxed at the diagnosis.
The only change was to accept a low dosage anticlotting medication, not warfarin, I'll have to keep an eye on any stomach problems.

Burnley hospital is growing by the day. Building programmes and departmental relocations are in progress, Once inside the building its a labyrinth of corridors and side buildings. Soon patients will need an electric scooter to get round.

PS. one for Ian and Sally. The internet signal range at Blackburn is very weak. Mrs P tried calling me after her appointment but because I was sat in the car with the door closed the signal wouldn't connect. Things may have improved but just be warned.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm glad to hear the diagnosis Ken but dismayed to hear about the bad phone connectivity. Wouldn't you think that this one would be easily cracked.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

All becomes clear about daughter Susan's terrible cold, she tested positive for yet another dose of Covid yesterday. Working in care homes is bad for your health!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 03:32 All becomes clear about daughter Susan's terrible cold, she tested positive for yet another dose of Covid yesterday. Working in care homes is bad for your health!
Oh dear, not again . Its a funny illness, lots seem to get multiple doses, others never get it at all. The common cold is like that too. Hope she recovers quickly
If you keep searching you will find it
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Sue wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 07:36 Stanley wrote: ↑27 Apr 2023, 04:32
All becomes clear about daughter Susan's terrible cold, she tested positive for yet another dose of Covid yesterday. Working in care homes is bad for your health!
Oh dear, not again . Its a funny illness, lots seem to get multiple doses, others never get it at all. The common cold is like that too. Hope she recovers quickly
Most of us remember all the promises that surrounded the initial launch of the mRNA vaccines. One jab would stop Covid in its tracks. Don't kill your Granny. Vaccine immunity it better than natural immunity. Faced with the unknown we all did as we were told. The overall approach was probably the right thing to do and saved thousands of lives. Now some of the porkies are creeping out of smokescreen rhetoric including the fact that people who are vaccinated can catch Covid again. Surely after 3 years its time to be honest with people and tell them how it stands rather than dribble bits out in an uncontrolled manner which can only add doubt in peoples minds as to whether they were being conned about the whole vaccine business.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Oh dear, not again . Its a funny illness, lots seem to get multiple doses, others never get it at all. The common cold is like that too. Hope she recovers quickly "
Exactly my thoughts Sue. I've just slept two and a half hours as second sleep, I can't help thinking there's a reason for that. Most likely after effects from the booster. Certainly not my everyday health pattern in the last week. (Mind you, it could just be just my age....)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

plaques wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 08:30
Sue wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 07:36 Stanley wrote: ↑27 Apr 2023, 04:32
Most of us remember all the promises that surrounded the initial launch of the mRNA vaccines. One jab would stop Covid in its tracks. Don't kill your Granny. Vaccine immunity it better than natural immunity. Faced with the unknown we all did as we were told. The overall approach was probably the right thing to do and saved thousands of lives. Now some of the porkies are creeping out of smokescreen rhetoric including the fact that people who are vaccinated can catch Covid again. Surely after 3 years its time to be honest with people and tell them how it stands rather than dribble bits out in an uncontrolled manner which can only add doubt in peoples minds as to whether they were being conned about the whole vaccine business.
I don’t feel conned. I have been following the biology and don’t have an issue
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have to agree Sue.... Looking back over a long experience with preventative treatments like the Covid19 vaccination, I have no reason to start doubting the system. But I do recognise that it is a very personal decision and choice and I totally respect everyone who takes a different view. Perhaps some people are more treatment-friendly than others.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 03:17 I have to agree Sue.... Looking back over a long experience with preventative treatments like the Covid19 vaccination, I have no reason to start doubting the system. But I do recognise that it is a very personal decision and choice and I totally respect everyone who takes a different view. Perhaps some people are more treatment-friendly than others.
Yes I agree. A totally personal choice. Over the last two to three weeks I have read endless scientific papers ( well their summaries on this ) and I have read read nothing that I did not expect.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:good:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

I've mentioned it before but on a different medical matter. I have had a few months of physiotherapy on my arm, neck and shoulders following a car crash last July. This came to an end in March and I thought all was good until a couple of weeks ago when pain started creeping back. After a bit of reading I bought myself a TENS machine to supplement the stretching exercises I do. I was a bit sceptical at first as there's no firm evidence they actually make a difference but I have noticed an improvement. I use it on my shoulders, upper back and forearm s few times a day, while stretching the muscles it's 'massaging'. Much cheaper than a physiotherapist (not saying physiotherapists aren't worth the money, they are) :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Sue wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 05:39
Stanley wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 03:17 I have to agree Sue.... Looking back over a long experience with preventative treatments like the Covid19 vaccination, I have no reason to start doubting the system. But I do recognise that it is a very personal decision and choice and I totally respect everyone who takes a different view. Perhaps some people are more treatment-friendly than others.
Yes I agree. A totally personal choice. Over the last two to three weeks I have read endless scientific papers ( well their summaries on this ) and I have read read nothing that I did not expect.
I agree too!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Sue wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 05:39 Yes I agree. A totally personal choice. Over the last two to three weeks I have read endless scientific papers ( well their summaries on this ) and I have read read nothing that I did not expect.
Quite a lot of the YouTube postings suggest that something amiss is going on but don't specify what it is. I tend to dismiss these as "I told you so" band wagon jumping. Unless the research has been peer reviewed and published in a reputable journal etc. I don't put any weight to them. What is very strong is the fact that big pharma are investing billion$ on lobbying and pushing their mRNA vaccines as though full research has been carried out in every 'side affect' that is now popping up. Perhaps your expectations are more relaxed than mine or just more knowledgeable or is it me being a nit picker?
In all this I accept other people decisions on taking up the vaccine and wouldn't dare to say they are wrong.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I agree totally. Except. RNA vaccines are not new and have been around and used since the mid 90 s. I too totally respect individual decisions. I continue to read the scientific reports and journals that can access on the internet and base any decisions I make on those and my understanding of them.

Its a long time since I taught vaccination but it has always been a case of weighing the positives with the negative. Its also a long time since I taught, DNA, rRNA, mRNA, and tRNA and protein and enzyme interactions . These and other medical biology topics have always been my favourite topics and I have always been open to gaining more knowledge on them, which when I worked I did regularly as both a practising bacteriologist and a college lecturer. I am no expert and never will be . There is so much to know and so much more to find out. I never cease to amaze how a cell can act as such a complex industrial factory. It excites me tremendously.

In balance as yet I have not read anything that I would not expect, or enough to doubt their overall safety.

Covid all its implications and its vaccines have been the most researched virus. I wonder what we would find and indeed doubt if the same research was put into all other viruses, particularly the lesser known respiratory viruses of which there are many
Last edited by Sue on 29 Apr 2023, 06:07, edited 1 time in total.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

On a bog standard personal level with absolutely no technical expertise..... If I am right and the small problems I have been having for a few days are side effects from the booster jab.... I seem to have passed some sort of watershed, everything is improving! Gott sei dank!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The improvement continues. I hope I am right!
Later, after an hour in the shed. The worst side effect was sciatica pains in my back and legs. They have gone. I am not sorry to see the back of them!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Got an appointment through for the MRI scan to see if there's anything extra growing in my head :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I hope it doesn't show any unwelcome additions!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 01 May 2023, 16:15 I hope it doesn't show any unwelcome additions!
I'm sure it'll be fine :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

🤞
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Some bad news for the followers of Dr John Campbell His recent video with Andrew Bridgen MP has been censored and the video removed, Dr Campbell has received a 'strike' from Youtube stopping him posting anything for a week.

A copy of Dr Campbell's tweet is shown below.

My video with Mr Bridgen Mp has been removed by YouTube, with a strike. So I am banned for a week and you can't watch the video any more on YouTube.

Definition of a strike,

What if you get a YouTube strike?
If we find that your content doesn't follow our policies for a second time, you'll get a strike. This strike means that you will not be allowed to do the following for one week: Upload videos, live streams or stories. Start a scheduled live stream.

Not everyone will agree with Dr Campbell's videos but this latest removal is adding to the Big Pharma conspiracy theories.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Sally had her CT scan today. Just has to wait two to four weeks for the results now.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

My aches and pains are noted by their absence. Yippee!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Mags

Post by Mags »

Thats a long time for Sally to have to wait for her results. Is that just the NHS system??

I suppose I am now used to our system - Mick had a scan on his leg in March, got the results with in a week, got a referral to a vascular surgeon who we saw 10 days ago and is going in for surgery to insert 3 x stents in his leg tomorrow. his longest wait was to get in to see our GP - who is very popular.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”