Introductions

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
sandy

Introductions

Post by sandy »

Morning all
I was in the old forum a few times asking history questions, to which I always got an answer ( thanks Stanley :smile: ).
I am in Wester Ross, Scotland and have been following my parents family trees which means I have a passing interest in a few different places in England ( London mostly ) and occupations (nursing around 1890-1920), I will ask a question about Shell Shock when I figure out where to ask it.
Good to see many of the old names are still here :smile:
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Introductions

Post by Wendyf »

Morning Sandy, welcome to the new site.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sandy. I responded to shell shock but hadn't realised it was a first post on the new platform. You know what to do, join in and get us all thinking!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
sandy

Post by sandy »

Thanks Stanley, perhaps I should make a comment about the non summery weather we've been having and how's the farners fields look near you, is everything growing in your area ! ( dont answer in here though :surprised: )
sandy

Post by sandy »

Question, How do I add a photo into a post, can I take it from my pc or does it have to be on flickr ( which I have a page on ) and use the bb code ?, I would rather take it from my pc to be honest.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Take a look at this thread Sandy, it's not definitive but should give some useful information.

Images Tips & Tricks
Ian
sandy

Post by sandy »

Eeekk :embarassed:
goes off to experiment.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Don't be put off, have a go and see what happens. post any comments in the Image thread and we will help you along. I guarantee that once you have cracked it it will become dead easy. To get your images into the gallery, select a suitable category for your picture and look for the "upload image" tab at the top of the category, follow the prompts. Ask if you get stuck.
Ian
sandy

Post by sandy »

and then there were 2 :grin: Image
right, I wonder what's going to appear now !
Last edited by sandy on 16 Nov 2012, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
sandy

Post by sandy »

Ahh, I wonder if I can do that again ?, I was going to put it in the "what do you think it is" thread, I took about 4 photos from different sides but I notice they are discussing a photo already so don't want to interupt.
edit, that's the size of photo I have to use to put it in another forum as I have reduced it to their size, is it a big too big, but having said that it's easier for me just to have it in with their photos ?
Last edited by sandy on 16 Nov 2012, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Well done Sandy, I don't think anyone will mind if you post another conundrum. The more the merrier, keeps the brain cells going. You can feature a photo in more than one thread.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Mystery Objects forum needs as many contributions as possible to save me having to rack my poor old brain!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Introductions”