Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

A friend 's son was flying the Tristar in the Queens Fly past today. So proud of him.
If you keep searching you will find it
minimiller

Post by minimiller »

I was stacking this lot

It was 97F (36C)
Mick
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Nice!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

There speaks a fellow log connoisseuse.
I shall be taking it easy waiting for my back to return to normal....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Up to Buckden this morning to meet up with some of the American Langstroths/Longstreths who are on a visit to their ancestral homelands. Charlotte has changed her name to Langstroth by deed poll as she feels that it is more recognisable than Myers and might help her professionally. Personally I just think she fancied a change. Nolic Montgomery-Young-Tudor-Kindle-Curry-Coffee.
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

A gardening day for me I think....after I've worked my way through a huge pile of washing up from last night. We had visitors and Col cooked a Mexican meal....should have cleared up last night but I couldn't be bothered.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Wendy! Shame on you!
( I have never left the dishes overnight in my life, simply because I know I can not face mess in the morning...slightly obsessive compulsive in that area...though I always admire folk who can turn a blind eye...and other people's mess doesn't worry me a bit. Hee hee...I can sit quite happily in complete filth so long as it isn't mine...)
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Sorry to hear about David hope he's on the mend. I don't know miss two days and everything changes.

Our fiends go home today so they came for drinks and nibbles last night so when I wash up today I will feel like a barmaid. Today will be quiet with some reading I think. Eileen
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

You've hurt your back Stanley, oh dear thats no good, what were you doing to yourself??

Mick, you did a great job stacking those logs in that heat, did you have to chop them to size first? :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: Phew

Re washing up, i live on my own so I usually only wash up once a day after my evening meal. It doesn't look worth it after breakfast, lunch is only a bit more, but definately needs doing after tea.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Marilyn wrote:Wendy! Shame on you!
( I have never left the dishes overnight in my life, simply because I know I can not face mess in the morning...slightly obsessive compulsive in that area...though I always admire folk who can turn a blind eye...and other people's mess doesn't worry me a bit. Hee hee...I can sit quite happily in complete filth so long as it isn't mine...)
Good! Then I can invite you to visit next time you are over here :grin:
minimiller

Post by minimiller »

Cathy wrote: Mick, you did a great job stacking those logs in that heat, did you have to chop them to size first? :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: Phew
No, I bought it ready cut.

Mowing this afternoon if things dry out and if I can manage to get myself in gear.
Mick
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

We are getting a delivery of a few tons of softwood tomorrow or Tuesday...as felled by a local tree surgeon. Much chain sawing and splitting to do!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cathy, it's a lot better this morning thanks. Not sure what caused it, suspect I might need to drink more water. Funny things backs......
Maz, how is David?
When I was a young lad my dad had a friend called Mac Parker who was a cinema manager and always home late at night. If there was any dirty washing in the sink he opened the window and threw it all into the flower bed. Don't think it ever di any good.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

He is ok, Stanley. They say they have the infection in check, so this evening they are hoping to clear the blockage in his heart and put a stent in ( so that will be his fourth stent as he has three in his legs!).
Fingers crossed it all goes well as there is a risk of stroke..
(I find myself getting more anxious as the days progresses, but am managing to keep myself busy)
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Fingers definitely crossed Maz.
Going for a walk in the Lothersdale area with a friend this morning, followed by a bite of lunch at the Hare & Hounds in the village.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I see you are up and on line, Stanley, so before you ask I will report that they did the 'tube in the heart' thing last night and found the blockage. For some reason they didn't go ahead at that point and put the stent in...possibly because David had chest and arm pain? But they are now talking about putting him through the procedure again to put the stent in. Garbled info about either doing it tonight or Friday. He obviously needs it, because he can not walk 100yards without stopping to catch his breath. This is a man who could 'walk for England' three weeks ago! Damn that infection...
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Oh fingers crossed Maz, you must be so worried. Thinking of you
If you keep searching you will find it
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Procedure set for Friday...talk is of possibly two stents...!?
We are beginning to lose track. Information overload.
LizG

Post by LizG »

Will be thinking of you both on Friday
Liz
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Maz, I look forward to hearing at the end of the week that David's op has gone successfully and that he's bounding about like a new-born lamb! A couple of years ago when I started having breathing problems I was sent for an angiogram - a catheter in through the groin and up to the heart for a look around, with the pictures on a TV screen in the op theatre. In my case they found nothing abnormal about the heart and the breathing trouble seems to be a lung problem, probably inherited from my mother. I was in the ward for the afternoon and people were going in for stents all the time, I seemed to be the only one for the angiogram that day. As you know, they'll give David a big dose of `blood thinners' to avoid strokes caused by bits of loosened clots and plaque.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Eeeee...Tizzy...I am looking forward to the same thing!
We are just flying slightly blind because an echocardiogram showed a 'perfect' heart three weeks ago. They did that to see if the Septicaemia had attacked the heart. When he began to get breathless, we were under the false impression that it must be his lungs, as the heart had been given the all clear in no uncertain terms.
However, we have since discovered that he was discharged from hospital on the wrong antibiotic. I thought at the time it was odd. ( he had a Strep infection and came home on Flagyl..I must admit it rang alarm bells with me at the time...but then you trust people to get it right!)
Six days into the Flagyl treatment, the mistake was discovered, and he was switched back to the right antibiotic. In the meantime, the infection did it's damage I suppose.
Don't worry...I have kept all the paperwork and will be investigating if things don't have a positive outcome.
I am very angry, but at present, the aim is to get him better ( but I did tell his cardiologist not to let the bug doctor anywhere near him!). All those vitamins and minerals he prescribed, which cost a small fortune, and he got the antibiotic wrong. Shame!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

What a story, Maz! it does make you wonder what goes on in the hospitals these days. A friend of ours had his hip replaced, was discharged then had to be rushed back in when he collapsed - due to infection. Came out, then same thing all over again! He's in good fettle now but it took about a year to get him sorted.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Maz, with Mick it was his lungs that were hot by the secondary infection but as they got on top of the infection they cleared up. Bit like Dave's heart though, lots of worry for the bystanders! I'll be watching the bulletins and saying my prayers....
Today I am expecting a visit from my Grand Daughter Laura so that will determine what I shall be doing.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Poor you Maz all this stress, hope hubby is well again soon.

After a strenuous day yesterday cleaning the outside of the van thought after I had done the washing we could have a day on the deck but it's a bit bleak at the moment. Eileen
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Just sitting around waiting now. 3 hour op booked for Friday...two stents...one apparently very tricky because it is in the arch of the artery and doc says it is a delicate task and he intends to work very slowly and carefully.

I have been feeling the stress Eileen but spent the afternoon in the garden, which I always find soothing. It was a lovely sunny afternoon, but coming in quite chilly now. Might have a nice glass of red, a long soak in the bath and an early night with a good book. I have been sleeping quite well despite things, so that helps.
Hubby is in a two bed room at present with a delightful 92 year old gent in the other bed. He doesn't look 92 and is more lively than some 70 year olds. Longevity runs in his family...his mother lived until 100 and he still has two brothers living and well at 93 and 94. I think he is good for my husband. Dave says it is like having his Dad in the room. Keeps his mind off things...

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”