Summer 2013

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Summer 2013

Post by Stanley »

Ah Liz, you've got to take the rough with the smooth...
Dry and clear this morning with a perfect full moon in the west. Glass has come back slightly to just over 29.5" and there's a chance of an odd shower around mid-day but not a bad morning.

Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

More wind, more rain, more Brrr... that's it for Adelaide for a while.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Really hot here and very humid. It's still 24C at 10.30 p.m. It's going to be a hot night.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Very pleasant here. Dry this morning and quite balmy. Glass has eased back to just below 29" and we could have a shower today. Not bad weather at all.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Looks like another hot day today.the house is so humid yet normally it is cool.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Warm and still earlier but a bit of a breeze just picking up from the north west.
LizG

Post by LizG »

Wind, rain and, oh yes, more wind and rain here today just for a change.
Liz
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It got very warm yesterday, probably 22C. It was a dead calm early on. Glass back a bit to 29.4" and moon partly covered by cloud but dry. No change? Very settled weather. The forecast is talking about near 30C further down the country, could be another warm day. Rain forecast this evening, through the night and all day tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It was 33C here in Brittany Stanley. More of the same today then it cools odd a bit.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Our back lawn is totally water-logged. Haven't seen it like that before.
Got little sleep last night because the scavengers in our neighbourhood were looting the building sites of three houses being built near us and taking their loot home in wheelie bins! There is nothing quite annoying as wheelie bins being trundled down the road all night...
I was hoping someone might ring the police.
Obviously not using their own bins as discarded ones with broken wheels laying about this morning.
( we go to the polls in a few weeks...I'm voting for whoever will stop the refugee boats...this is ridiculous)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Marilyn wrote:There is nothing quite annoying as wheelie bins being trundled down the road all night...
Don't you have a phone Maz?
Ian
hartley353

Post by hartley353 »

Marilyn wrote:Our back lawn is totally water-logged. Haven't seen it like that before.
Got little sleep last night because the scavengers in our neighbourhood were looting the building sites of three houses being built near us and taking their loot home in wheelie bins! There is nothing quite annoying as wheelie bins being trundled down the road all night...
Obviously not using their own bins as discarded ones with broken wheels laying about this morning.
( we go to the polls in a few weeks...I'm voting for whoever will stop the refugee boats...this is ridiculous)
In the uk removing things from rubbish bins or skips is covered by our theft laws is it not the same down under.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Panny, I do have a mobile, and I did curse that I had left it at the other end of the house when I went to bed ( usually I take it into the bedroom with me), and to get up and walk through the house would have meant disturbing son's dog ( little beggar sleeps on the leather chesterfield in the lounge). That in turn would have woken son ( curse these open plan houses) and he has had some rotten shifts lately and needs his sleep.
That may sound like a lame excuse, but I do not even dare get up for a glass of water n the night because it would disturb him.
It is quite a bother having a house guest.
I often used to get up at night and wander about ( even make a cup of tea) to relieve stiffness in my joints...having a little wander does wonders!). But the dog has ears like a bat, and thinks it is playtime if I get up.

:embarassed:

And yes, Hartley...it is partially the builder's fault because they should erect temporary security fencing around their project, with all bins/skips inside the fence. There is someone in site all daylight hours and they don't leave until dark, but then the scavengers come out.
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I can totally understand Marilyn's reticence to not make herself known to the
'powers that be' as a complainer. Who knows what some of these scavengers would do as a form of revenge?? It seems to be a big part of their culture to do certain things and quite often if we as normal civil-living citizens complain, we are in the wrong. Citizens as opposed to residents. The balance is incorrect, it's quite often in their favour. It appears that we have to assimilate (in so many ways), but they can live here without having too.

Something that I live with, which is no where near as bad, is that i live in a group of home units (strata), our mail boxes are all together in a row in a brick construction. When our 'junk mail' is delivered twice each week it is put into each box, when the 'postie' comes along each day to deliver the mail he pulls out all the junk mail and throws it on the ground and then pops the mail into each box. We also have a weekly free newspaper which is placed on top of the post-boxes. All this results in leaflets, brochures etc left to look very untidy. A strong wind can carry them up and down the street, or if the weather is wet it all becomes very sodden and can be messy and hard to pick up. Guess who picks it up?? There are at least 18 units where I live and only two of us get out there and clean up this never ending mess. Not to mention that we all have household bins, 2 each week, and because I am on the road where all the bins are put out to be collected each week, I can hear every one being 'put out' and then some of them being retrieved the next evening. So many are not retrieved for days on end. It's an ugly and untidy sight, so i go out and collect them all and put them into a tidy collection off the road and pavement. It appears to me that no-one clicks that they are being lazy or uncaring. I wonder is they even notice that their bins have been moved from where they put them. The mind boggles, I call them ferals!!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It wasn't a bad day yesterday but started raining in the evening and it looks as though it has rained steadily all night. Not cold even though wind is working its way around to northerly and easterly tomorrow. Glass back to 29.2". Brighter today but still the chance of a shower.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Mild and a light drizzle first thing but the flags are dry now. Heavy overcast and hardly any breeze. Glass is on 29.3" and trying to rise. Forecast is for a brighter day with low chance of a light shower. Brighter tomorrow for the Bank Holiday.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It's a grey dark morning with rain but should clear later.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Turned out quite nice in Barlick. Clearer sky first thing and a heavy dew so it looks good for today. It's dry and the glass is up at just over 29.5". Could be a reasonable Bank Holiday....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Beautiful here today. Questembert market in the morning, a picnic lunch and then Vannes in the afternoon. One more day then it's home via a day in St Malo. It's been our longest stay over here just a few days short of 4 weeks.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

We have our granddaughter Ruby for the week, such a nice day so spent it messing around in the river at Burnsall this afternoon.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cooler morning but dry and a clear sky. Glass solid on 29" and a heavy dew. Settled weather!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

We had a lovely preview of Spring today with 22C, blue skies and white clouds, lovely atmosphere. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cathy, we're getting a first hint of Autumn in Barlick. Cooler mornings and the prospect of it getting colder by the weekend. Dry and clear again this morning with little or no wind. Glass is trying to rise but only a shade over 29". We aren't far away from the chance of a night frost. (There was frost last night over high ground in Scotland)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Thick mist here this morning.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Re-run of yesterday and glass is solid on 29". Settled weather..... Forecast says there is a chance of a shower dinnertime and this afternoon.
07:15. We've had our walk and there is less dew, more cloud and a feeling that a shower could come at any time.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”