CONOR'S CORNER

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

CONOR'S CORNER

Post by Stanley »

Painting was the nearest description I could find. If we don't keep his corner going we might never hear from the lad again! How's Marilyn coming on?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CONOR'S CORNER

Post by Stanley »

Earth to Conor! Are you receiving us?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I rang Melanie this morning and asked her to tell Young Lochinvar that his audience awaits! She says he is thronged at the moment but will do what she can for us.... Watch this space, he can run but he can't hide!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Good show Stanley.
Say only a little but say it well.
conty

Post by conty »

ive managed to sign conor back up, he is busy at the moment so i thought id do it for him to help him out a bit. i have two updates of his marilyn munroe drawing that i can show you, the drawing is currently at the printers, conor is having trouble getting a ltd edition of the drawing that hes pleased with to go to print, but i am hoping he will have it sorted soon (conors mum, mel)
(this is where i need conor!!! think ive edited 5 or 6 times, trouble uploading. last try)
conty

Post by conty »

ahhh done it. heres a close up
conty

Post by conty »

ive done his profile and updated his avatar! he will probably kill me but just trying to help :grin:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm sure you all realised but this was She who must be obeyed, Melanie, making it easier to prise Conor away from his busy life so we can keep contact with him. Thanks Melanie, if he attempts to kill you we shall descend on him like a plague! (He's far too valuable to lose!) Tell him he is loved and missed.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Thanks for thaty Melanie it looks great (Conor's avatar looks serious - new hair cut??)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Moh, it's a toss up which is more attractive, Marilyn or the Lad. Sickening......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

conty

Post by conty »

no not new hair, just pushed off my face. :)

the pencils are going on the back burner for now. The oils are out!!! tho the air was blue yesterday and 5 attempts in the bin. but having a different appoach today :)
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Welcome back Conor, glad you found your way here, feels quite strange until you get used to it. How is college going?
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good Lad Conor! Lovely to see you back. We need an update on your life. How's the sport training going on?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Our hero seems to be too busy for us nowadays. He is also too modest to tell us of his success in winning first prize in the Marylin Camparetto International portrait competition for his 'Stephen Fry'. Well spotted Stanley - time to reassess the insurance on yours.. :smile:
Last edited by Tripps on 03 Mar 2012, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

He'll be back! I never doubted his ability and put my money where my mouth was. If there is ever any benefit the kids can have it! The knicker prints are a source of daily delight! Of course, 'Stanley 1940' is the original drawing.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

conty

Post by conty »

sorry.... life is just mad, ok heres an update of whats been going on.

yes i did win international portrait of the year, and i have just been a judge on an international art competition, that was strange choosing a winner!
i have been doing commissions of dogs and i also of some children, i have just finished this drawing that i will post in a minute. but i have been contacted by some very influentual people in the art world that have requested that i use oils, so watch this space! i have been having a go at my first one (apart from the girl with red hair that i done years ago) i will post the painting when i have finished, which may even be today or tomorrow as i have done quite a bit already. but funnily enough ive really enjoyed painting.

other news... getting bigger n bigger the weight is finally coming on and the sport is doing great. i do have some exciting news on the sport. I have been filmed twice now and i am being filmed again next week for the Olympic Games, doing sillouettes and throwing, thursday night they filmed me throwing at night with spotlights, the film crew have shown me and it looks amazing, i think they are using the footage when ever they are advertising the Olympics and in the opening credits of the games. exciting stuff :) oh and ive had all my hair cut short!! unsure.. so growing it back!!

College.... well lets just say, im there. dont want to be. its not that i dont like it as the teachers and other students are great, its just feels like im holding back, ive got so much i want to do and feel pinned down doing things i could be doing without. but im holding out and working, just not 100% motivated

more other news... no girlfriends, concentrating on what i need to do for now as they take up too much time!! haha
anyway, im sure ive left loads out, but heres the drawing ive just finished

conty

Post by conty »

heres an update of my work in progress of the oil painting i am working on, i was thinking i would have this done this weekend but thinking about it i dont think i will, ive got rather alot to do still
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

(There you are! I told you he was about!)
Nice one Conor. It's all happening at the moment and you deserve it all. I hear what you're saying about college and like your attitude. Life isn't all glitz and glamour and whether you realise it or not you are learning by sticking to the course. There is also the syndrome that was pointed out to me a long time ago. Too many people abandon the academic course for the glitz and end up being a professional rough diamond circling the main event. By doing a course you demonstrate that you can apply yourself and end up with a handle welded on the back of your neck that sponsors can grab hold of to lift you further up. You are no longer a rough diamond or unknown quantity, it makes it easier for people to assess you and many lesser mortals need that assurance.
The Scotty is a great pot boiler and well up to standard. The oil is something else, it's quite simply stunning. At the moment you are managing to do what is almost a perfect photographic representation but you're injecting yourself into it. This is no photograph, there is depth in it. I can see the day coming when you'll be leaning towards a more impressionistic approach and it'll be interesting to see what happens then. Great stuff, Melanie must be so proud of you! Give her a hug from me, in some ways your success is down to the way your mum and dad have handled a stick of dynamite. It could have gone wrong but it hasn't! Lovely to get your news......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

I don't know who Conor is but what a talented artist

Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Eileen, back on the old site we had a thread for Pencil Sketching started back in late 2007. It's a very long thread but well worth a look if you are into art. Young Conor makes an appearance about page 7. We have all watched him develop over the last few years and it's a very interesting journey that he has shared with us. He has a few more strings to his bow as well. Settle down with a nice cuppa and click the link.

Pencil Sketches and Conor's Corner - Archive Site
Ian
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Thanks for that Ian,

As a newbie it's nice to know whose who. Is he Melteaser's son?

Eileen
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

EileenDavid wrote:Is he Melteaser's son?

Eileen
Good guess but not Melteasers son Eileen.

Melanie sometimes comes on using Conor's profile to keep us up to date when he has a lot on.
Ian
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Now looked at the old site. Plenty of talent on this site. I won't be submitting anything as I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. My art teacher at school gave up on me just as well as I knew I was useless at it.

Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Conor is a bit of a goodie and it's nice that he has stayed with us and allowed us to share in his voyage of discovery. The bottom line is that we love him to bits.
If you look on either side of the sink you'll see two more examples of Conor's work. His knicker pics are a constant delight!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Thank you all for filling me in on Conor the pictures really brightened my day. So much talent and from what I have read no edge.

I am a newbie to the site but wish you all the luck in the world you deserve it you are incredibly talented.

Eileen

Return to “Painting”