Croft Family

ajfenning1951

Re: Croft Family

Post by ajfenning1951 »

Here's another photo of Jack and his sister Betty who died the year after Jack in 1941.Kath & Alan Fenning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good write up in the BET this morning.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Shame it did not ask who Marjorie Varley was, it could have answered Alan's question.
Say only a little but say it well.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Someone told me this morning that Marjorie was a local Earby girl and that the Varleys had a butchers shop in Earby, does that sound right Moh?
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I'm fairly sure that there was still a Varley's butchers when I was working in Earby, I started in 1970.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've bumped one of John Hartley's articles on the site concerning the Varleys.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Now you mention it it rings a bell, but I can only remember the pork butchers on Water Street and the one one the opposite corner to the council offices (Ian will remember that one).
Say only a little but say it well.
War&Son

Post by War&Son »

If anyone is still interested in Jack Miller Croft, we own his medals, log book and complete archive of letters, certificates and photographs. Some make sad reading. I can post a link to the complete material if anyone is still reading? Steve
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We read everything........
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

ajfenning1951

Post by ajfenning1951 »

War&Son wrote: 30 Jan 2017, 19:05 If anyone is still interested in Jack Miller Croft, we own his medals, log book and complete archive of letters, certificates and photographs. Some make sad reading. I can post a link to the complete material if anyone is still reading? Steve

We haven't been on the site for quite a while ,if we had seen this at this time we would have gladly bought Jacks items back for the family .The people who have sold them were not related to him and have gain at the families distress but unfortunately that seems to be how things are these days. Also just for the records it's Jack Millen Croft and not Miller.Alan Fenning .
ajfenning1951

Re:Jack Millen Croft Family

Post by ajfenning1951 »

Hello,

We're asking for help tracking Jack Millen Croft's WW2 medals,family items that were sold in January this year.Jacks belongings were in his sisters hands and was passed on to an unrelated person who then sold them on.We didn't know about this and would have bought Jack's belongings back and are still prepared to do so.Jack lost his life 2/8/1940 aged 20 years old along with the rest of his crew not much older than him.The plane a Wellington went down in the sea near Holland.

So please keep your ears to the ground,we will be very grateful for any help and we would be prepared to offer more than what they were sold for.

thank you for taking the time to read this Alan Fenning,Jack's 2nd cousin.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Alan, have you tried contacting War&Son by the sites Private Message function, this does rely on the other site member coming on the site but it will flag upon the homepage of the site if they do.

If you click on "Contact" under the members name on their post you will get the option to PM and also to email the address that they registered on the site with, the latter may help to get you in contact also.
Ian
ajfenning1951

Post by ajfenning1951 »

Thank you Ian,

We have emailed and spoken to them a couple of weeks ago ,they said that they contact the buyers for us but no joy yet. We have written to Earby local newspaper that put Jacks story in 2015,we only did this yesterday,we will let you know any developments.

All the best.Alan Fenning.

Return to “Ongoing Family Research”