Hello everyone

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
Silver Lady
Donor

Hello everyone

Post by Silver Lady »

Hello everyone, my name is Cheryl, and although I'm now living in Sutton-in-Craven, I grew up in Barlick, tell anyone and everyone - proudly - that I'm a Barlicker, and consider myself to be "from Barlick" :laugh5:
I was born (in Burnley, Bank Hall hospital - didn't have any say in the matter...) in 1965, and used to roll my eyes when my parents used to say how much Barlick had changed - but now it's my turn; yet in so many ways, it remains the same (thank goodness). I DO remember the old Co-Op (where the town square is now), but don't remember the railway - although I do remember the old yard, opposite Gisburn Road School, which I attended, especially when my best friend and I started playing at diggers and dumper trucks when it was being dug out.
Anyway, I was a member of the "old" site, so it's lovely to be back, even if I'm a rather infrequent poster. Love & best wishes to you all - and as they say, you can take the girl out of Barlick :grin:
You can take the girl out of Barlick...
Nolic

Re: Hello everyone

Post by Nolic »

Welcome to One Guy. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Hi Silver lady, I mean Cheryl, welcome back to OGFB. The site has changed as you can see but Barlick is much the same, really, just a bit more modernised, something that has happened to most towns up north. But if you look closely, you can still just about make out where old buildings, roads and railway lines were situated. I know I'm giving you a view through rose-tinted spectacles, but they are there, if hidden away or in most cases bulldozed away.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Cheryl! Nice to see you back. I don't know if you've twigged but you can get rid of the adverts by donating. As little as £1 will do but a bit more would be nice. It pays the rent for the server.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Silver Lady
Donor

Post by Silver Lady »

Good morning, everyone :smile:
Thanks for the tip, Stanley, I managed to work it out, so good luck with the donations.
Thanks to you all for the welcome - it's good to be back. As you say, Barlick has and hasn't changed; I've never lost my links with the place - my dad was Barlick born (Far East View) & bred, and lived here till he passed away shortly before Christmas, and I still use the gym (Westy's) in Barlick - so in some respects, I've never actually left :grin: Nor would I want to!
You can take the girl out of Barlick...

Return to “Introductions”