Today I shall be Mainly...

rossylass
Regular User

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by rossylass »

Many happy returns Stanley. My dad was born on Valentines day in 1905!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

A good day for it Rossy! Don't feel any older. Thanks to you all for the greetings. I was even stopped on the town yesterday and congratulated. Nice!
Today I shall be doing the weekly shopping and building a Sea Pie..... It will cook very slowly on the Morso stove for about 8 hours.... I shall report!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I was up drinking tea at 2.30 a.m, didn't get to sleep until well after 4.30a.m. I really am feeling exhausted. Still coughing well with little voice. I hope something gives by the end of the antibiotics on Sunday. Meeting Claire at the cemetery today, she wants to have a chat to her grandpa so she's bringing a flask of tea and i shall take some flowers. He was always partial to a cuppa. They always got on really well. Claire is the only football lover in the family so that was a tie! Neither she nor I could go yesterday. I had a busy day which wore me out so I will skip art today and just go for the lunch out. I hope the snowdrops are up

The little top I am making Eve for her 4th birthday is progressing well and it may get finished this afternoon. It has a lively appliqué ice cream cornet on the front bringing to mind sunnier times to come
If you keep searching you will find it
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Sounds like you need a proper rest Sue.
Earby Heritage Room again for me this morning.
rossylass
Regular User

Post by rossylass »

Sue, it sounds like you have something similar to an illness I had before Christmas. It travelled from throat to lungs to nose & mostly involved all three at once. When I recovered from the acute stage I carried on as normal, but I was worn out & could'nt shake it off, so I took to my bed for three days & felt much better for it. R&r may be needed.

Hope you feel better soon.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

No cold symptoms whatsoever, nose definitely not affected. What you describe, I think I had in November, which was similar to this but with the nosey bit at the end. I think I have had a severe viral infection which became a bacterial one. Unfortunately the illness and the long course of steroids has wiped me out. Trouble is I am not one to stop, but even on half speed or a quarter speed I am drained.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Not helped by emotional trauma of having my cat put to sleep, and the anniversary of Dads death
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Do nothing for at least a week! Your body needs to concentrate on getting better!
Today I shall be writing a food article for BET. By the way, I am working my way through my shirts as part of the new look and today I have on a fetching pink striped number by Austin Reed with cuff links! Standards are rising......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Feel a hint better today. Slept better, new approach. When I woke I listened to an audiobook of Wuthering Heights on my ipod. By 45 minutes I was nodding off and slept till the sun filled the bedroom at about 7.30p.m
Last edited by Sue on 17 Feb 2013, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

My daughter works unsocial hours and she woke thinking someone had left a light on but it was the sun shining through the bedroom window. Not a lot of it about lately!
Lots of sun yesterday! Lovely at this time of the year.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Driving the round trip to Stratford and back to pick our Ruby up. It should be a good day for it as long as everyone behaves themselves on the motorway. I'll have a quick look at the AA traffic report before we go.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Back to GP today. The infection has cleared but I could be another week with the cough and fatigue. I should be OK for our trip to France coming up soon. I have a cough medicine now to soothe things down but it makes me sleepy! French this afternoon and Art tonight. I shall have a doze in the car going over to Todmorden( no I am not driving lol) . Tomorrow we are going to Anglesey on business, so another fairly quiet day for me. Hopefully it will help the recovery.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Long time since I was on Anglesey! I think I might write an article today..... Some ideas bubbling up after finding interesting facts in 'Cranmer'.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

rossylass
Regular User

Post by rossylass »

Helping to find a car for my son & his wife....his first car & him 37. If anyone knows of someone selling a VW Polo or a Fiesta give me a shout!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Going to the free retinoscopy clinic in Butts. Part of the Diabetes programme, an annual event that works well and is welcome. Thank you NHS!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Going to Colne Library this morning.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I went for a walk today at Hurstwood, with the walking group . It was bitterly cold, but the fresh air did me good. I now feel quite sleepy!
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

We love Anglesey, went every year in our tin tent.
Been to Bury this morning to spend birthday/Christmas vouchers. Managed to spend the ones in Next but out of £50 M&S vouchers I only managed £9.50. Why is it when you have vouchers you cannot find a thing, and when you have none there are all kinds of exciting things to buy. I am struggling to find a new handbag - they are either too big or do not have enough pockets (I hate big bags where everything falls to the bottom!).
Say only a little but say it well.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We own a cottage in llandeussant, where the only working windmil is. Bob used to live there but we now rent it out,.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Plenty of wind there for it Sue!
Back to my reading today, I finished the article yesterday.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

rossylass
Regular User

Post by rossylass »

Gardening if it's not too cold, writing, playing "Words with Friends" & off to the pub tonight.

Sue - is your cottage in Llandeusant in the Brecon Beacons? We stayed at the YHA there a few years ago & by coincidence it was being temporarily caretaken by Harry, who we didn't know, but when we got chatting turned out had walked the Coast to Coast with my bloke's mother (she had her 73rd birthday whilst on it); small world.
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

It is on Anglesey, we stayed on a farm site near there, it was on the top of a hill and we nearly got blown away!
Say only a little but say it well.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

No , llandeussant on Anglesey, not far from Valley. As I say we rent it out permanently now. When Bob worked at Wylfa power station we bought the cottage as it was more economical than renting indefinitely. After about 6 years his job moved to Berkeley, so we rented the cottage out to work colleagues. Eventually we moved to private letting. Eventually we will sell but our present tenant is happy and so are we.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Shopping day at Butcher's today but I don't need much because I'm eating my way through the freezer! Finished biog olf Cranmer so I'm starting on a new book.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Sampling the joys of the M6 again today. Time for Ruby to go back home. Have to get her back in time for her appointment with Disney on Ice. Not forgetting the Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella costumes she has usurped from our "dressing up" stock. She will wear one or the other for the show tonight. A four year old princess just has to have a choice of ball gowns doesn't she!
Ian

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”