Today I shall be Mainly...

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Wendyf »

Stanley, it was my topsoil, my veggie garden, my job to shift it!! Very lucky to have help from himself.
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Today I will mainly be visiting the youngest grandson he's two today.

Eileen
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I know the feeling Wendy. After nearly two weeks of heavy gardening, digging out, weeding , planting, hoeing and raking my poor arthritic thumb is swollen and painful. My back is good however.

We have nearly finished the tasks we set ourselves. I have to weed the flower borders and sow the wild flower seed in the ground that we have cleared. It was a pile of building rubble, grass, weeds, nettles etc. It has taken several days to flatten it and retrieve all the good stone for future use. When it cools down this evening I will go and spread the seeds.
If you keep searching you will find it
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Cools down !! It's quite chilly here. I have sold the awning!!
Say only a little but say it well.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Shopping day and I have a parcel to pack up and post.... I'm also sending some material to the LRO via inter-library transport, time I packed that up as well!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Everything cut, sown, dug, pruned, weeded. Just finished. I went to a french l;esson with some English friends this morning and off to the local watercolour class tonight. Weather still warm but not as sunny. Rain forecast for tomorrow
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Well done Sue with regard to your gardening efforts. You are welcome to come and do my garden next ! :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, do you ever stop for a breather?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Sue I thought the French way of life was to chill, could do with French lesson's myself. Today we are going to our grandson's birthday party he was two on Thursday.

Eileen
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

The answer is NO! Stanley I like to be busy. As for the relaxed way of life in France we are busy now so we can enjoy the summer, with lots of friends visiting, and lots of relaxation eating the products of my efforts now.

Friends for a meal tonight. I have cleared the freezer of last years products, so it is home made tomato soup. Then salmon with home grown veg, then summer pudding with last years raspberries
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sounds like 'A Year in Provence'! As long as you're happy and not knackered!
Today I shall be washing bedding, watching highlights of the Grand Prix and reading. It's all go!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

I'm off to Baildon to pick up Charlotte for her uni break. Keen as mustard to work so she's behind the bar at The Dragon from noon! Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Good on you Sue enjoy. Nolic good to here of young people wanting to work. Party yesterday went ok today it's more preparation for our trip

Eileen
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Paking today. Ferr in the morning but we will have to travel up today because of the time to travel to St Malo and road works on the way
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Awe Sue

Are you coming back to the UK. Isn't St Malo beautiful though. We sail to Roscoff on 30.03.2012 and we are staying a couple of nights at Saint Pol du Leon before moving down to Le Pouldu Then 3 whole months before we return. So today I will again be preparing for the trip with some gardening.

Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Reading Deighton still and watching for the postman delivering three I haven't read. It's a hard life!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Bruff
Avid User

Post by Bruff »

Today I shall book ferry tickets from Liverpool to Belfast for a week's break in County Down at the end of May. By the coast under the Mountains of Mourne. Never been to Northern Ireland and am looking forward to it. Am also looking forward to the first holiday away since 2010 as we have quite understandably used our leave since that time to see and spend time with very sick family.

Richard Broughton
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We are back and feeling rather cool. A day washing and shopping I think plus my steroid injection in my thumb which is no quite beautifully tender!!. Back to france later in the year, that is after a trip to Holland to visit the bulb fields, and other places. Then Eves third birthday party. Looks like it will be May before our return trip
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I decided a long time ago that my travelling days were over and it has never been a biggy but I will admit that when I read Richard's post I have a twinge of envy, I've never been to Ireland......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

I'm with you on this Stanley, I did go to Ireland once but on a school trip many moons ago when I was 10 to Skerries Holiday Camp near Dublin, hope you enjoy it Richard I did.(Got a long memory) Today I shall be mainly entertaining a friend who is coming for lunch to see us prior to our departure for Brittany.

Eileen
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I went to Southern Ireland last September, to Tralee and the Circle of Kerry. Beautiful but it never stopped raining as we caught the hurricanes coming over from America. We went to Dublin on the bank hoilday weekend of the Queens golden jubillee. That was sunny warm but alittle breezy . We loved Dublin and the coastline is superb.

I have an Art workshop all day today with professional artist Jeremy ford. Yoga tonight. Ahh its all back to normal now
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

It rained most of the time we were in S. Ireland and boy was everything expensive, that is about 2002 but I guess not much has changed. I shall be going to get my hair permed later today.
Say only a little but say it well.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

I got a freebie Holyhead-Dublin Ferry crossing with one of those scratch off competition cards you get in some of the newsagent mags ( Think Stena Needed the Custom and did nicely out of the food etc bought on board ) , paid for the upgrade to the fast hydrofoil going out. Problem was I got the ferry terminals muddled and booked a nice B&B in Dun Laoghaire , but most ferries now go into Dublin Port just east of central Dublin ,so had drive down through central Dublin. Later drove down to Bray and caught one of the last loco hauled trains into Central Dublin - clouds of steam everywhere ( diesel loco but steam boiler unit for the train heating ), with on board breakfast , very nice views across Dublin Bay. Blagged my way into Trinity College Library. Dublin is the only capital city I can think of with no subways at that time ( pedestrian ones for crossing the road , making the pavements very crowded ). Still trying to find further and better information on Hengler's Cirque in Dublin- I will research the newspaper resource passed to me on one of my other posts as I have not found anything meaningful on the net last time I looked. It also didn't rain (much) Travelling back up to Lancashire sometime tonight after doing the weekly washing.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Watching the post for my books! The Omissi book has travelled to Chicago via Rochester NY and has been scanned out so it's probably at O'Hare being loaded on a freight plane. Magic!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Nice trip up to Lancaster today. I'm hopeful in hearing that a 10 year old who arrived at the children's home I'm going to with three securicor guards is settling well and starting to make progress like all the other young lads that have been placed there. Good home and they really appreciate my input. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”