Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

I am being very lazy.... A lot of Radio 4 and reading. I don't want any dramas to interfere with next week's fun-filled activities! Looking after each other is the order of the day for me and Jack. He keeps very close to me, you'd swear he knows that these are not normal times....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Boring I know but exactly the same as yesterday with the exception of keeping dry and rubbing Jack down after his walks. It looks as though we will have a dry day. I am conserving my energy and avoiding all chance of any mistake that could affect Tuesday. Probably over-cautious I know but it suits me, I have seen people get into trouble too often and am not going to make the same mistake!
Later.... I have started the day by shaving and scrubbing my head. I shall be carrying less infection into the operating theatre.... just a small gesture.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I do declare we have blue skies this morning! A normal Sunday, a bit of sewing, making the weeks soup, shopping delivery from Tescos and an added extra of finishing wrapping Christmas parcels.

I have given up on my facebook account and now have a new one. The old one seems dead! Most friends have transferred, and I have registered with a couple of history and sewing sites. Anyone missing should hopefully find me through messages left by friends andfamily. Its a weird problem and I am certainly not alone, the outage map still shows a problem.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, reading the news I am glad I bit the bullet and ditched Facebook. I only joined because it was a good way of keeping abreast with Janet when she was dying.....
There is one major task today. Getting all my ducks in a row ready for a 6AM start tomorrow for early doors operation. I have to make myself as near germ free as possible, get all ready for the dog-minders and make sure I have Tomblands in my bag! Quite looking forward to it because if all goes well we will end up with some definite information about the cancer and a treatment plan. I shall make sure they are aware that drinking lots of water for irrigation post-op will push my sodium levels below the 'normal' average. A bonus of the full anaesthetic is that I shan't have to endure that bloody freezing spray they use to numb your spine before shoving a big needle into it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

If you have bladder irrigation, they won't push oral fluids until it is removed, Stanley.
So 2 nights in hospital ( if you stay) so we won't hear from you until Thursday?
Take Care ( and I wouldn't worry too much about the decontamination. Soap and a shower is just as good. The staff don't have to bother beyond that!)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

According to them it's day surgery but I am taking overnight gear just in case. Sorry Maz, you are encouraged to drink even if you are on the big clear bag.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Mags

Post by Mags »

Today I shame be mainly..........waiting for news of dad..........I hate being so far away at times like this.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Worry not Mags. Easily said I know, but it is quite a quick procedure. He is no Spring Chicken, and I would be quite surprised if it didn't mean a night in hospital. Depends how early they operate and how late they discharge I suppose.
( and as a dedicated smoker, how well his lungs cope with anaesthetic!)
Mags

Post by Mags »

Tonight I will sleep, knowing dad is out of theatre and may possibly be coming home today.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Great news.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

:good:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Margaret, I know it's hard but rest easy, I am doing well and am cheerful about progress. I'll keep you in the loop. Even if you were here you couldn't do any more and you know I love you to bits so stop feeling guilty!
I shall be taking things very easy and washing another batch of clothes. Actually, once you accept it, incontinence is a bit of a hoot! Before anyone suggests it, no! I am not going for the Tena pants!!!!
Looking forward to seeing Jack at dinner time.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Mags

Post by Mags »

Well, I have decided I am coming over in January.......Heaven help you..........

Flight prices drop by about $800.00 at midnight on the 12th of January so expect me after that............. :biggrin2:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Bring your matron's outfit Mags! And in the meantime, practice your best "don't argue with me Father" looks :biggrin2:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That's good news Margaret! You'll be as welcome as the flowers in Spring!
Maz, she knows that browbeating doesn't work and anyway it's bad for me.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Mags

Post by Mags »

Flights booked, car hire sorted so here I come dad, look out.............
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Best Xmas pressie ever......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

My personal trainer is back in the kennel so normal exercise resumes this morning. Nothing brisk, just enjoying exercise and breathing clear cold air! That and sleep are the best medicines.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Sounds like you are recovering Stanley.

Today is an fundraising afternoon tea at my pilates srudio. Its in aid of Parkinsons disease. Gill chooses a different charity each year. After that I go and sign for my car which should be with me for Christmas. Thats going to take some wrapping Bob :laugh5: then its yoga this evening.

Tomorrow is ART Christmas lunch and we have been asked to make A Christmas hat to wear. When I said I wasn’t keen I was not popular so showing willing I have to make a hat today as well. I have found a pattern for a top hat which I will paint with black acrylic paint stickon some ‘jewels’ from my card making kit and tie some tinsel round the brim. I am not against party hats but we will get one in our Christmas cracker so it does seem a bit of a waste of time. We were supposed to make it in the 45 minutes between the start of the class and the meal, but that is hardly enough time to be even a bit creative ! My experience is that chatting will be the norm then.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Pilates sounds like a well disciplined affair Sue!
You could be right about my recovery.... I find I do best if I am inside my routines, at home, walking regularly and enjoying Jack. It seems to be working, all systems back to normal functioning (Thank god, I was getting fed up with washing clothes!) and I am in good spirits. Still taking it easy, I'm not daft!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yes Stanley, pilates is a very well run friendly organisation. Its run by two ladies in rented studios which are in a converted pub. There are a host of permanent tutors but Gill and Tiara are the directors. When I first started 5 years ago it was a draughty church hall affair but the opportunity arose for rented rooms in a newly converted pub so Gill took it and set up a business. There is good parking as well though sometimes it is full. At any time there may be 20 or 30 people in two classes although usually quieter than that. She has several pay rates and I pay per month normally, which is the cheapest but I can go to as many classes as I want. The hourly rate is rather high so it encourages block booking. Sometimes if we are away a lot I pay for 10 classes which I can take over 3 months. Very well lrganised and good teachers. The yoga teacher is superb.she runs a few socials per year and fund raising events. All in all ‘ a right good do’ as they say.

Art lunch today and hat duly made. In fact I am rather proud of it. Its a top hat.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It sounds well organised as you say and it obviously suits you Sue so more power to your elbow (and the rest of you....).
I have started the day's activities by changing the bedding and setting the washing machine on yet again. It was time, Jack doesn't usually wipe his feet before he comes to join me in the early hours. I'm not sure when, all I know is that when I wake up he is there next to my head. He never wakens me up when he comes....
I shall dry one duvet cover over the bannister at the top of the stairs and I think I can chance hanging the other out on the line. Not too sure how it will dry but it won't harm it.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The outside duvet cover hardly dried at all so I brought it in and put it on the airing rack in the kitchen, it's dry now.
Today I shall be avoiding the cold and inclement weather as best I can. I got my milk a day early to avoid having to go today, good chance it could be nasty.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

The art Christmas meal was a good fun do, nicefood and company. In tbe evening we were back to Todmorden for the U3A winetasting group, also a good do. Today is a quiet day. The snow forecast for here overnight did not happen, we shall see if it arrives later or if it is just the cold rain. Claire may or may not come this afternoon. Erin has a party but Claire is hoping to bring presents over for us to take to Coventry next weekend
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, like you we never saw the snow only the bitter freezing rain.... That was quite enough thank you! It's a bit better today....
I shall be doing the usual things and the shed is beginning to exert an influence on me! Time to get back in there and have a potter to get back into the flow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”