POLITICS CORNER

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: POLITICS CORNER

Post by Stanley » 17 May 2018, 04:16

I totally agree P. Every time a franchise is taken back temporarily into public care performance and profit improves but time and time again political dogma forces them back into another flawed franchise. Meanwhile the taxpayer and the travellers pay the fat salaries you refer to and make up the shortfall. I have a lot of sympathy with Labour proposals to allow these franchises to wither on the vine and take them back into state control as they die.
As for Grayling, he has the reverse of the Midas touch, everything he is associated with goes wrong. Look at his record......
May makes announcements and pledges on non Brexit matters while crossing her fingers behind her back.... We sink slowly into the 19th century, the Grand Plan is working!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 18 May 2018, 06:09

See THIS for the latest fluttering in the dovecote at Westminster. John Bercow is in trouble again for calling Andrea Leadsom a 'stupid woman'. I don't condone this but have to admit I do not have a high opinion of her.
Meanwhile T May gets another lesson in Irish politics, she is told in no uncertain terms that her proposed solutions won't work.
Does anyone else get the impression that THE ROYAL WEDDING is being used as a diversionary tactic?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques » 18 May 2018, 07:02

There seems to be a bit of doubt what Mr Bercow actually said. The alleged comments are reported by a Tory MP. Mrs Leadsom apparently didn't hear them although she was sat a few feet away. The Commons microphones should be able to settle this matter.
Prince Harry is playing a blinder. Wedding in the early afternoon, then off to the footy match, then a booze up at night. Get this man in parliament we can do with someone who gets their priorities right.

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 19 May 2018, 04:00

M y house is a nuptial free zone......
I don't think Bercow is a nice man anyway but have no interest in yet another Tory spat. A symptom of a party on borrowed time.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley » 20 May 2018, 04:09

Yesterday was a politics-free day apart from T May elevating nine Tory peers. The Romans used bread and circuses to divert public attention and I reckon that yesterday's shenanigans at Windsor were seen as handy by the government. However, I always listen to the Westminster Hour on R4 on Saturday and yesterday was instructive. Reading between the lines the situation is even worse than we thought, apart from the internal troubles in the Tory Party the two 'solutions' that are being debated are both anathema to the EU and it looks as though May is relying on the "Be reasonable, see it my way" principle. A very weak reed.....
We live in interesting times, the next few months are going to be a rocky ride in Parliament and there is no clear outcome. It's a bit of a bloody mess. Let's not forget the bloke who was the architect......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”