MEDICAL MATTERS

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by PanBiker »

I think the first scan results were in about 10 days.

When I go to Leeds for my MRI scans, the results are usually in about 3 - 4 weeks for me.
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

I got a text message last Friday saying I could book a Covid vaccination so I went online and found that they were starting from Monday. I could have booked any time that day and chose a slot in the afternoon. They now use rooms in what was the old bus station here in Taunton. Turned up about 5 minutes early and was out again almost immediately! Very efficient. I was fine that evening but tired and listless by the Tuesday afternoon. Went to bed early and was completely back to normal the following morning. It was the Moderna vaccine with the latest Covid strains.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Here in Adelaide they are urging us to have COVID and FLU Vacc’s. I had both yesterday at my local Chemist.
I only popped in to make enquires, next thing ‘all done’. 😊
I have felt a bit low key today, but all good.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

My Covid booster is booked for Monday 6 May. Sounds as though it is still a meaningful vaccination from the after effects. I shall watch out for them and look after myself.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Update on the vaccination front. I have had my vaccination date cancelled three times now. I shall try once more and then abandon the attempt. (All three booked on the NHS app.)
Later, after another attempt to book. This time Well Pharmacy in Barlick aren't flagged as a participating pharmacy. I said I wouldn't travel for the jab so I shall leave the matter except that next time I am in the pharmacy for my meds I shall enquire what went wrong.
I think it's a scandal that a town of over 10,000 inhabitants hasn't got a source for the vaccination.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I forgot to mention I got the results from my follow up lung scan last week. All OK, no changes to the small nodule that they found on the first CT. I was told in the first letter that a 3 month follow up was prudent and if OK I would be off the radar as small nodules are quite common and nothing to worry about if there are no changes. Second letter was all positive but they have decided too scan me again in 12 months :dontgetit:

Just had a thought, maybe it's keeping a few folk in a job.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

As part of my overall good day yesterday I called in at Well and got my Meds.
I asked about the vaccination position and they said the system had sent them the vaccinations but not the kit for injecting them so they are waiting for a delivery. Until then they are taking no appointments. I shall enquire on NHS app later.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Went to the surgery myself today. I saw Helen who is the Nurse Practitioner. Weekend before last I noticed the area below my right thumb nail was inflamed, by Monday it was weeping a small amount of clear matter. Towards the end of the week the bottom of my thumb nail looked as If I had whacked it but is is red rather than black and I have definitely not given it a clout! The nail is soft at the bottom by the cuticle, swelling had gone down below the nail and I have no pain. Thought I had best get it checked. She has given me a five day course of 4 times a day antibiotics, (a Dr Fleming's variant) and told me to apply a heated compress three or four times a day. There is a slight ridge laterally across the nail bed which she thinks will grow out.

While I was in the waiting area a bloke called in and asked about Covid booster vaccinations receptionist said there was no provision in Barlick and to ring the Covid hotline (119, free call from mobiles and landlines). They will inform of the nearest availability and dates.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Well have got the vaccine but not the rest of the kit for using it. (Whatever that is)
Susan had bad luck and got an ear infection. They are over on the East Coast at the moment and she had to find an Urgent Care Centre. She waited 5 hours yesterday but came out with a prescription for the ABs that will sort it.
The people that buggered the NHS and made my little girl sit there all that time should be condemned to having that experience once a month. They would soon change their strategies! (Remember 'Safe in our hands'?)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have tried and been successful to book my Covid booster at Well so they must have got whatever it was that was missing from their vaccination equipment. Now to see whether it can survive. The last one was cancelled three times!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”