PUBLICATIONS BY MEMBERS

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PUBLICATIONS BY MEMBERS

Post by Stanley »

I've brought this topic back because I had an enquiry from a member about publicising a book he has published. Feel free to let us know about your books.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
rexwatson

Baptists at Colne and at Haggate

Post by rexwatson »

Thanks to Stanley for setting up this area, it was me that had contacted him !

I recently published 'The Early Days of Colne Baptist Church, particularly relating to the new Meeting House of 1788'. I was able to make use of a substantial archive of correspondence between the first pastor John STUTTARD and his brothers, mainly. There is a certain amount about Barlick Baptists, they were involved in these early days.

Available for purchase in Colne Library, Colne Bookshop, and at the Heritage Centre in Barrowford. A5 booklet, 34pp plus central pages of document copies. £4. Colne Library has a reference copy.

Also in 2007 I published a similar one on Haggate near Burnley : 'The Formation of Haggate Baptist Chapel : connections with the Inghamites and other Baptist connections'.

This is also at the Heritage Centre. A5 again, 28 pp. About £3. Again a reference copy in Colne Library (and Burnley)

There is in fact a plug for these on the Briercliffe Society website, and my address is given for postal purchases. If you are following this route, please be patient if need be as I am away at times.

Additionally I placed a supplement on Haggate online, on that site, in 2010, having discovered a bit more.

Hope you may be interested, and comments/queries welcome when you have read either (there are remaining mysteries about both origins, and you may know something that I don't).

Now I feel a bit guilty about advertising my wares !

Rex Watson
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PUBLICATIONS BY MEMBERS

Post by Stanley »

Nowt to feel guilty about!
I was approached in the street yesterday and asked if I knew who the people were who are selling my books. I had to say I knew nothing about it. Bit of a mystery! Perhaps I should look at my sales figures on Lulu!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

rexwatson

Post by rexwatson »

The Colne one is also now available for reference or purchase in the Barlick library, also to buy in the Barlick bookshop.

Rex
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Perhaps I should consider the Barlick bookshop as well.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

fellpony

Post by fellpony »

HOOFPRINTS IN EDEN - history of the Fell pony breed as told by the breeders in 2004/5. Lots of oral and social history in Cumbria, possibly some relevant to transport and farming in other hill areas of northern England. Hayloft Publishing, 2005, £17.00 & p&p. ISBN 978-1-9045243-4-2

COACHMAN - historical novel set in the decline of the Coaching age and the rise of the railways. Jackdaw E Books, 2012, £9.99 as Paperback, ISBN: 978-0-9573612-5-6. £2.75 for Kindle, ASIN: B009DORFOI. ISBN: 978-0-9573612-4-9

Currently researching packhorses, pack routes, pack men, and social conditions, any fresh data and sources welcome from Roman times onwards. (I already know about Stanley's contributions here :) )
Sue Millard
http://www.jackdawebooks.co.uk/
Art begins with craft, and there is no art until craft has been mastered. Anthony Burgess.
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

I thought I had posted this earlier this morning, but it seems to have vanished. Strange things happening on the site .

We had a member a few years ago Alan McEwen whose wife Christine wrote a book connected with this subject. He also was the publisher. I vaguely remember his membership ended in acrimony, but forget why. Any way here's the link to his site

http://www.sledgehammerengineeringpress ... ridges.php
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

You posted it in the pack horses topic Tripps, it's still there.

Return to “Local History Topics”