Today I shall be Mainly...

LizG

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by LizG »

Sue wrote:A day playing with the new sewing machine and software. Brilliant, worth every penny.
What machine did you buy Sue? I sew too but mainly patchwork.
Liz
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Another article. No day is wasted when 1000 words have been written....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I have bought a Brother NV1250, not brand new but serviced and hardly used. It is a fully Computerised machine but has a combined dedicated embroidery unit. Unlike most of these combined machines it is not huge or too heavy. I had a Janome Memory Craft 4800, also fully computerised, and a separate embroidery machine but it only had a small frame. Now I only have to store one machine and not two. I also changed the software for the embroidery machine as the old software was great for a beginner but limiting on what it would do. All in all everything is one or two steps up, but not so far up as to frighten me off using them

I have sold the other machines and software to two different friends. I am very happy.

The first project is a lined linen jacket to go with a couple of dresses I made in April
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Skipping down to the dentist for the next stage in me bottom gobblers. I get nearer to chewing again!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Going for bread then possibly cleaning the outside of the van. If it's to hot will be horizontal gardening again. Oh it's a hard life Eileen
LizG

Post by LizG »

Sue wrote:I have bought a Brother NV1250, not brand new but serviced and hardly used. It is a fully Computerised machine but has a combined dedicated embroidery unit. Unlike most of these combined machines it is not huge or too heavy. I had a Janome Memory Craft 4800, also fully computerised, and a separate embroidery machine but it only had a small frame. Now I only have to store one machine and not two. I also changed the software for the embroidery machine as the old software was great for a beginner but limiting on what it would do. All in all everything is one or two steps up, but not so far up as to frighten me off using them
Well done you. I found it really difficult to choose a machine; it's such a lot of money if you get it wrong. In the end I bought a Pfaff machine about 6 years ago and I still love it. I don't sew clothes though. I'm looking forward to you posting the photo of your new jacket!
Liz
LizG

Post by LizG »

Stanley wrote:Skipping down to the dentist for the next stage in me bottom gobblers. I get nearer to chewing again!
Think how nice it will be when you get them. It gives you something to look forward to!! I just had a crown reset today and I feel like I've been smacked in the face.
Liz
Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Worked since 7.00am. Now a quick lunch then outside to have a read before a walk with Misty. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nothing like getting going in the morning Comrade. Liz, nice thing about impressions for new teeth is that it's quick and painless. And yes, I'm looking forward to getting them!
Am getting itchy about the shed..... No excuses about it being cold now!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Colne library this morning then a visit "behind the scenes" at Clitheroe Castle Museum this afternoon. It's an event organised by LCC to celebrate National Volunteers Week, so the library volunteers have been invited....refreshments too!
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Weather good again today so will be sitting outside with suntan cream and reading. Some friends arrive back today so no doubt a late night. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wendy, can you do me a favour and call in at the Clerk's Lodgings across the yard and let Andrew Schofield know I am alive and well? He holds the LTP archive at the NWSA.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Will do Liz. There is a bit of a delay on the jacket as I hav a number of commitments over the next couple of weeks. Or so. However, having lost several pounds in weight ver the last few weeks I do have some needy alterations to do.it will give me good practice.
If you keep searching you will find it
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Sorry Stanley but I didn't get the opportunity. I was late arriving and needed to dash off at the end. I haven't been to the castle before, and happily followed road signs with a picture of a castle and a P for parking, thinking I would arrive somewhere near to where I wanted to be. It took me to a long stay car park behind the station, leaving me with a good uphill walk. We just got a look around the museum, which wasn't very impressive, a cuppa and a certificate from the head of cultural services.....not even a peep behind the scenes!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No problem Wendy. The museum always struck me as being a bit old-fashioned. Today I shall be digging out maps....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Early walk to our friends house just of site as it is his birthday today. Too hot to sit out so went to Concarneau walled city near the sea so at least there was a sea breeze. Had a coffee in a little cafe on the front then came back but it's still to hot to sit out. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Labouring outside planting a sage plant Wendy gave me yesterday. Enjoying my visitors.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Not a lot, trip to shops for bread and a few provisions. Was going to do my washing but the weather has determined that it won't be being done today. Eileen
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Busy day for one reason or another, or maybe it is just me moving a bit slower today and constantly on the catch up.
Looked at five houses with son ( he pulled out of the last contract due to problems highlighted in a building inspection). He did find one he liked today, so fingers crossed when he orders another building inspection ( cost of £600 a time!).
Febby still finding life pretty exhausting...
minimiller

Post by minimiller »

Well, seeing as my tractor mower came back from repair yesterday evening I suppose I'll be, errr..........................mowing.
Better do it today too as there's a 50% chance of thunderstorms on Sunday.
Mick
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I once gave an American friend a lift in my LR Safari. He told me he had a lawn mower at home with a bigger engine.... Never forgave him!
Watching F1 from Canada this evening. Not sure about the rest of the day, still recovering from my visitors on Friday and I have some lovely books on the go.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Picking up Charlotte and all her gear from Leeds as apart from an exhibition of her work in London she has completed Uni and is now looking for work. Here's some of her work http://bygarlands.blogspot.co.uk/search ... -results=3 Nolic
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Wow, that's gone quick. I don't envy you the task Nolic but no doubt it will be great to have her home. I remember the decamp well when we had Carla at Bangor and Dan down at Warwick. On a few occasions their evac days were on the same date. Made for interesting, very tiring and very long days with a big Transit!

Looked on the link and it looks like her time has been well spent. I wish her all the best for the future, nowt wrong with her skill set so she should be OK.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I like the swans.... You may think they grow fast but worse is to come. Just wait till you have a daughter retiring and another considering it! That make you realise that you are nearing your sell-by date!
Shoulkd be in the shed today but I am reading such a good book!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Swans are her favourite. She has an outlet that makes them into T shirts........not the swans but the design.......makes T shirts with the swan design on them . Phew got there eventually. http://www.misterdressup.com/products/c ... raphic-tee Nolic

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”