shoes question again please?

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: shoes question again please?

Post by Stanley »

Morning Benjamin. Never had to answer this question before because we don't have foot ornaments. You'll need open sandals like Flip Flops. Where do you live, who are you?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

The phrase "I am Asian" is interesting. "Asian" is used often in the UK to refer to people from the Indian subcontinent. In the 1980s I had a Thai scientist who had worked in the US come to work with me in the UK. She described herself as "Asian" and got very annoyed when she heard British people calling Indian and Pakistani folk `Asian'. "They're are not Asian, I'm Asian", she'd say. By the way, she was a tiny lady but fierce and not someone to argue with - she showed no deference to directors of the company, which gave them quite a shock! She could also drink cocktails all evening at parties and be no worse for wear. In the 80s Mrs Tiz was driving a vermilion 850cc mini and my Thai colleague liked it so we found her an identical vermilion one too - a bit different from the car she had been driving in the USA!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

For the record, the bloke? above could well be Asian or whatever, Google unfortunately can't tell me that, however it does tell me that he? is based in Sweden and a known Comment Spammer and therefore history on here.

Good story about your Asian colleague though Tiz. It seems to be a trait that smaller (in stature) individuals can be more fierce than their larger counterparts, apparent in many areas flora and fauna also. Maybe part of the self preservation mechanism of the various species.
Ian
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

the phrase , 'Bells on Her Toes' came to mind , unfortunately I find that this was a bit of poetic licence , as the bells were normally on the ends of the pointed footwear worn around Plantagenet times in England. http://www.rhymes.org.uk/ride_a_cock_horse.htm.

Return to “Introductions”